Red Velvet Delight

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Della Terra Teas

Who doesn’t love a smooth, delicious chocolate piece? Well, with this red delight you will be extra satisfied. This tea is certainly for the chocolate lover. Give it a try! An amazing rooibos!

About Della Terra Teas View company

1921 tasting notes

In order to choose a tea for the night, I decided it would be fun to shove my hand in my sample box and just pick one out. This is the outcome of that draw and I am actually really enjoying it. It actually tastes a lot like DAVIDs Red Velvet Cake (I wonder why?! :P) but this is caffeine-free.I actually have a lot of the DAVIDs blend but I think in the future I would actually prefer to stock up on this as I don’t have nearly as many caffeine free options as I have caffeinated choices. I mean if two teas taste the same, who needs both? And this I can drink all day, every day to my heart’s content.

Why do all Della Terra teas taste and smell the same to me? Maple syrup -flavored pancake syrup. I’m going to avoid rating this.

OMGsrsly

Maybe they use a similar base flavour in everything that just takes over for you. :(

MissB

Has to be! I mean, all of their blacks have tasted and smelled identical to me. I feel like I’m wasting tea.

OMGsrsly

I have a green – double berry burst I think – if you’d like to try. I haven’t even opened the bag, as I have so many greens open still. :) And I have lemon pepper melange I think as well.

MissB

As long as there’s zero strawberry in it, I’d love to try them.

Ooh. I’ll check.

OMGsrsly

Blueberries and raspberries. :)

MissB

Oh, yay! Thanks for checking.

Also had last night during the movie. This smells quite accurate; I like it more than the David’s Tea version which I tried excitedly at the beginning of my newly rekindled tea fanaticism in January and found pretty disappointing (and also weirdly oily). That said, it is quite sweet by the end of the cup (hi sprinkles), which isn’t really a true complaint as Red Velvet is a terribly sweet thing. Makes me realize maybe it’s not really a flavor I actually want many cups of for tea. Anyway, better than David’s, maybe just not my thing in general as a flavor. The things you learn about yourself!

Sipdown!

I polished off the last of this tonight. As I think I mentioned in my initial review, it’s a pretty nondescript sweet taste and doesn’t really taste like “red velvet” cake. I’ve enjoyed it after work but I don’t think it’s special enough to stock it.

This tea smells a little bit like chocolate, but you have to really search for it. I mostly smell the rooibos and something that smells like the upside down cake flavoring.

Sipping… I’m not getting much flavor from this blend. Yes, I taste the rooibos, but there isn’t a ton of chocolate flavor here. The finish tastes just like the upside down rooibos only weaker. It also leaves a very bad artificial taste in my mouth.

I really didn’t like this one as much as I wanted to. I’m all about the sprinkles and chocolates in tea, but this one was gross.

Thank you, VariaTEA! I’m loving this one as well, and at this point I’m thinking DT’s rooibos blends are my favorites. It’s creamy, creamy, creamy with that cream cheese icing tang. I’m not sure it’s quite red velvet in flavor (I’m picky there), but it is cakey and delicious. I’d definitely restock it, but this is a sad sipdown for now.

0 OZ / 0 ML
bluebelle

Ah, now I see what people have been complaining about with the preparation feature. It was 1.5 tsp/8 oz.

Mmm… chocolate. It smells and tastes of chocolate cake. The flavour is really similar to this black blend I very much like. Kinda mild, but still good.

If this is red velvet cake, then its a small slice of red velvet cake with extra cream cheese frosting. Not something I would like in real life (too much frosting makes my belly ache), but pretty darn good in a tea. This is very decadent and creamy, sweet with a subtle woodsy rooibos back note. You can almost taste a light cocoa taste, but its not strong. Still quite good.
Thanks Ost for the sample!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Ost

So glad you liked it!! I love that tea!

Mmmm (: I’m on a DTT kick today. Freakin’ love their teas. No sugar needed. ^^