Witches Cauldron

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

• “We have a windchill of -50F today. I can't even imagine going outside right now. That's ridiculous. So, I'll sipdown some Halloween teas and wish it was autumn again. Even though I'm warming...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 601 tasting notes
  • “Drank this after Bats in the Belfry a couple of nights ago. It's a pretty solid vanilla rooibos. Not too woody, wonderful creaminess from the vanilla. The "cream" flavouring comes out more as a...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 689 tasting notes
  • “So I finished up the last of this today at work. My stomach has been bothering me today and that usually calls from rooibos! I know it's kind of interesting that I claimed the rest of this was...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 240 tasting notes
  • “I ordered this for my dad since he wanted to try some more rooibos and I just couldn't help but sneak a cup or two of everything I ordered. I'm not sure that this will be a tea he likes, most...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1621 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble. A bit of bat and a bit of bug, pour this tea right in your mug! The head witches here at Della Terra teas have taken the most delicious rooibos and blended it with amazing vanilla and cream to create a concoction so sinister yet delicious, you’ll think you’ve had a spell put on you! Enjoy the added bugs and bats!

Ingredients: Rooibos, vanilla bits with cream flavor, sprinkles*

Allergens: contains dairy and soy.

Suggested brewing tips
Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
Water Temp: 210°F
Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

We have a windchill of -50F today. I can’t even imagine going outside right now. That’s ridiculous.

So, I’ll sipdown some Halloween teas and wish it was autumn again.

Even though I’m warming up to rooibos, I still found it too prominent in this blend. The first flavor is an oomph of the woody shredded cedar flavor of the rooibos, and then joined by a nice, natural vanilla bean flavor somewhere midsip. The cream doesn’t add any flavor notes, but makes the mouthfeel thicker and smoother.

I think this had potential to be a good blend, but the rooibos is just so, so rooibos-y.

Dexter3657

LOL stay warm. It was -52C when I left for work this morning – and I did venture out and go to work. If you don’t have to then yes, stay home, snuggle in and drink some tea. :))

moraiwe

Yikes! Can’t say I’m jealous of your weather. Stay warm up there.

Anna

-52?! I SO want to experience that. Next year, maybe.

MissLena

Yikes, that sounds like Alberta weather..stay warm! Drink tons of tea!

Drank this after Bats in the Belfry a couple of nights ago. It’s a pretty solid vanilla rooibos. Not too woody, wonderful creaminess from the vanilla. The “cream” flavouring comes out more as a thickness in the mouthfeel rather than a fakey flavour, which I find cheering. Another great caffiene free option I really must try not to forget about.

So I finished up the last of this today at work. My stomach has been bothering me today and that usually calls from rooibos! I know it’s kind of interesting that I claimed the rest of this was going to my swap box, but I decided to use it up myself. Although, I found some weird stuff in the remains of my steep that is a bit troubling, but I’ll reach out to the company before making any conclusions. Nonetheless, sipdown!

I ordered this for my dad since he wanted to try some more rooibos and I just couldn’t help but sneak a cup or two of everything I ordered. I’m not sure that this will be a tea he likes, most likely for the same reason I’m not a fan. This tea is really sweet. It does have the flavor of vanilla beans, which I absolutely love, but the cream flavoring pushes this a little bit to far for me. I think it just needs something else added to tone down the sweetness before I would really enjoy it.

Skysamurai

Maybe try adding … cloves? nutmeg…..mmm cinnamon?

As some of you may have noticed by now, I am a huge fan of Della Terra’s cream flavoring. In fact, Della Terra has a regular vanilla cream rooibos that I rated quite highly. So how is it that this tea blend, which is basically the same thing with spooky sprinkles added, tastes completely blah to me? Before I knew what was in it, it just tasted like a competent but plain rooibos. Even knowing that this is a vanilla blend, I’m barely tasting it. A most peculiar situation…

Courtesy of my Secret Pumpkin, Short Sorceress. Thank you!

jeweledthumb

Glad it wasn’t just me with this one.

So it’s almost Halloween, and I’m watching ‘Witches of East End’. This smells nicely like vanilla. The added sprinkles are cute, though I was hoping for a little more. Still, I like the flavour. Very creamy.

Lariel

I’m having my second cup with pumpkin rooibos, it’s very good.