Bats in the Belfry Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

• “I'm all about muddling the holidays, so woo! This one came thanks to *jeweledthumb*. I didn't actually find this weak like other folks (but I leafed pretty strongly at 2 tsp for my 8 oz cup),...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “I used a teaspoon and a half for 8 oz, which is slightly more than called for, and this still managed to come out very weakly flavored. I'm not quite sure what happened, but every once in a while...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1940 tasting notes
  • “This is today's cold brew, which I decided to try in order to use up some leaf. It's one of the older teas I still have ticking around, and as I'd had success cold brewing the black version I...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1031 tasting notes
  • “Yay, first tea from my Secret Pumpkin - thanks *Short Sorceress*! I decided to drink this not knowing what it was (and I'll continue drinking it forever just because... I wanted to make the Lamb...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 394 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Bats in the belfry… crazy? Yes! And crazy for this tea you will be! Combining black tea with amazing chocolates, mint and a bat, I mean bit of vanilla creates this delicious tea. Throw in some mini bats and you have a scary good treat!

Ingredients: Rooibos, chocolate bits and flavor, vanilla bits, mint, bat sprinkles*

Allergens: Contains dairy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:
Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
Water Temp: 212 degree or to a boil
Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I’m all about muddling the holidays, so woo!

This one came thanks to jeweledthumb.

I didn’t actually find this weak like other folks (but I leafed pretty strongly at 2 tsp for my 8 oz cup), but it was pretty much devoid of chocolate flavor. I get a nice mint and a pretty well-disguised rooibos, with a smooth, creamy mouthfeel though.

This was okay, and even really good for rooibos, but give me Butiki’s Peppermint Patty for my chocolate mint cravings, please.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

1940 tasting notes

I used a teaspoon and a half for 8 oz, which is slightly more than called for, and this still managed to come out very weakly flavored. I’m not quite sure what happened, but every once in a while Della Terra’s chocolate teas come out this way for me. I was able to taste the mint and chocolate, but they weren’t nearly flavorful enough. I’ll give it a second shot tomorrow, then the rest of this is going on to its rightful owner who graciously let me sample it.

Lariel of Lórien

Is it like the Minty Cow rooibos?

Short Sorceress

I think it is the same tea with different sprinkles. I didn’t realize this when I ordered it otherwise I would have chosen something else.

This is today’s cold brew, which I decided to try in order to use up some leaf. It’s one of the older teas I still have ticking around, and as I’d had success cold brewing the black version I thought I might as well give it a try. Unfortunately, it’s not entirely successful. It’s very smooth tasting — almost too smooth, as in slimy, really. The main flavour that I’m picking up is a rather fake tasting chocolate, followed by an equally fake tasting vanilla. There’s only a very tiny hint of mint, which is a shame, as it would have added some much needed freshness.

To my mind, the odd thing is that this is a completely different tea when brewed hot. I didn’t notice the chocolate or vanilla tasting “fake” at all, and it certainly wasn’t slimy. Part of me is wondering whether the sprinkles have contributed to these problems — they’ve obviously been in water much longer than they would have been for a hot cup, so maybe that’s had an effect. There’s also more mint, and it cuts through the otherwise sweet flavours and makes this a far more palatable tea. I guess cold brewing just doesn’t work for this one, for one reason or another. The rest of my pouch will definitely be used for hot cups this coming autumn!

Iced 8 min or more

Yay, first tea from my Secret Pumpkin – thanks Short Sorceress!

I decided to drink this not knowing what it was (and I’ll continue drinking it forever just because… I wanted to make the Lamb Chop reference). This tea smells delectably like chocolate. It brews up a weird combination of green and brown… like brown with a layer of green on top. The flavor is primarily rich, thick chocolate, reminiscent of ZenTea Rooibos Belgian Chocolate. There’s something else here too – mint maybe? The mint comes out much more in the aftertaste. I actually rather like this. Which is surprising because Butiki’s Peppermint Patty is very similar in concept and I did not enjoy that tea at all. Maybe it’s the creaminess of that tea that didn’t work for me? This one tastes more like mint chocolate than peppermint patty. Not something I would drink every day but definitely a solid dessert tea.

Like Short Sorceress, I found this very weakly flavored. I used 2.5 teaspoons for my 16oz steeping mug and steeped for 4 minutes. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t as tasty as it sounded on the package. One thing I can appreciate is the mint didn’t overpower the other flavors, but I far prefer Read My Lips from Davidstea to this. It just doesn’t even compare (ignoring the whole different base thing).