Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Another tea from *Janelle*! Again, don't really recall anything I've read about this tea... definitely thought it was just a herbal, but it sure looks to me like there's black tea in here! Anyhow,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “I won a bag of this from Della Terra from a facebook contest, and I was really excited to try this. I made up a jug of this last night with a 2:1 ratio of tea to sugar. This is delicious!...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 262 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Della Terra Teas View company

Another tea from Janelle! Again, don’t really recall anything I’ve read about this tea… definitely thought it was just a herbal, but it sure looks to me like there’s black tea in here!

Anyhow, first impression: omg, hibiscus. Definitely purplish hue to the cup, which had me pretty worried. And the hibiscus is certainly noticeable, although I found it fairly tolerable (also, I kept the infusion short). Once I got past the hibiscus, though, I noticed two things: 1 – awesome cherry flavour, 2 – a stale tea sort of taste. The cherry flavour (totally sour cherry-esque, no cough syrup here!) was perfect, but I wish it wasn’t so covered up by the hibiscus. And, unfortunately, I’m thinking that the black base was contributing the stale, old teabag flavour. It wasn’t unpleasant enough to dump the cup, but made it such that I’ve never purchase this, despite loving that cherry. Oh well. A better cup than I expected, since for whatever reason I had been anticipating a hibiscus nightmare, so there’s something to be said for that! (Also, I doubt that freshness is an issue here, as in, I don’t think Janelle had it overly long, though the company could have used old tea for it. Or, it’s just a wierd flavour that I’m perceiving as stale.)

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I made up a jug of this last night with a 2:1 ratio of tea to sugar.

This is delicious! The cherry flavor is strong, and slightly tart. It tastes almost like kool-aid without all the artificial flavor. I’ll definitely be drinking more of this. I need to stick the rest of the bag into an air-tight container so I can enjoy this tea when the weather gets warm.