Cinnamon Diletto

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jeweledthumb
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Della Terra

I wanna sip on some cinnamon tea, I could be happy the rest of my life with some cinnamon tea. Delightful rooibos combined with cinnamon creates the perfectly spiced cup! Enjoy this one, and be happy!

Ingredients: Rooibos, cinnamon and safflowers*

For allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 212 degree or to a boil

Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra View company

This has a taste and even mouthfeel akin to Big Red gum, right down to that powdery texture left on the tongue. It’s not as hot as, say, fiery red hots (and honestly I’m glad; I’m not nuts about that white sugar+dry heat flavor in tea…don’t mind in candy occasionally but not tea), but it’s definitely on the spectrum of cinnamon sweets. I don’t dislike it, but I’m not sure I’d reach for it again. The gum association is quite strong, and there’s an artificial sweetener aftertaste (nothing’s listed though; it might be a case where it evokes the gum so much I then just start phantom-tasting the gum and not just the tea) I don’t really think I want to drink in tea. Not terrible, but I’d be fine having sampled it just this once.

Yum! Cinnamon!

Ok, apparently, I’m too tired tonight to make a sensible review. I think my last note on this has more details. I’m nearly done with this sample, so I’ll say that I’ve enjoyed this one.

On the fourth day of Christmas, Della Terra gave to me…Cinnamon Diletto!

This one smells absolutely and completely of cinnamon, both dry and brewed. I guess that’s the point, which is fine, and it’s nice to see a rooibos blend appear in the box. They’ve all been black so far! Cinnamon really is pervasive in Christmas teas, though – there’s really no escaping it. Probably a good thing I like cinnamon, really!

The cinnamon and the rooibos pair pretty well here, as they’re both quite earthy, warming flavours. The rooibos is quite strong, and is definitely detectable underneath the cinnamon flavouring. That in itself is quite strong, and the whole thing comes over a little harsh. I added milk, and that improved things a little, but I might try adding some sugar as well next time. It’s just a little overwhelming on its own, although is more palatable when softened down with milk.

This isn’t my favourite of the selection so far, although you can’t argue that it’s Christmassy!

Yep! Big Red gum, as I suspected once I smelled the tea leaf. Can’t taste much else. Ah well.

One thing I’m noticing in my cupboard is a relative lack of caffeine-free blends. So when Kaylee offered this up in a swap after not enjoying this tea, I snapped it up.

Others have said that this tastes like a piece of cinnamon gum. I’ve had others teas that bring up this flavour more strongly (specifically Teavana’s Samurai Chai Oolong/Maharajah Chai blend), but it’s still pretty evident here.

The thing is, I don’t think of it as a drawback. I want a sweet tea for when I’m craving dessert, one which won’t make me stay up late, and this one fits the bill nicely.

The cinnamon and rooibos meld well here. At first sip, it was quite woody, so I added some lemon-infused honey to sweeten and round it out, and it works out. It’s got a bit of a peppery aftertaste, too – not sure where it’s coming from.

All in all, a good tea for the evening.

Many thanks to Kaylee for this sample. I’m glad that it’s found a home!

So this is terrible. There are only two flavors: cinnamon and sweet. And they don’t mesh well. The sweetness is weird – not sugary or honey, but not quite artificial either. I made the rookie mistake of ordering this without checking out the Steepster reviews. Reading the comments after drinking this filled in the blank for what’s off-putting about this tea. It tastes like frickin Big Red gum. Exactly like a stick of gum. I am actively angry about the fact that I spent money on this. Which is completely ridiculous, I know. Bad purchases happen. But it’s still making me cranky. Plus I already put it all in a tin and the bag is gone, so I can’t just put it up for swaps.

I’m honestly surprised. I really like a lot of Della Terra’s teas. I don’t know what happened here. But this is a serious miss.

Nicole

You can still swap it. Ziploc bags! People who love a tea won’t often insist on being handed down the original packaging, I bet. :)

Also, it’s rare in swaps ppl get the original packaging! :)