White Chocolate Coconut Cream

Black Green White Blend
Burnt, Butter, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

From Della Terra

White chocolate, coconut, thick, sweet cream. Now that is what I call a good sounding group of ingredients, and that is just what you get in this amazing blend of green, white and black teas. One try this will be a fast favorite!

Ingredients: White tea, green and black tea, white chocolate bits, coconut flavor and bits, cream flavor*

For allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 158-167°F

Steep Time: 1-3 minutes

About Della Terra View company

2073 tasting notes

I had sent this to people but never actually tried this myself. Now having experienced it for the first time I can say that it definitely delivers on its name. It is creamy. It is coconutty. And there is certainly a buttery white chocolate sweetness. It is almost too sweet for me – enough to stop me from ordering it again but not enough to ruin the cup.

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream

Weird, only after steeping did I see this has white, green AND black tea in it? It looks like a pu-erh in the bag. Strange. Well, I steeped it incorrectly, and it’s still delicious. Creamy chocolate coconut really, although white chocolate? Hm. That’s a stretch.

VariaTEA

This is in my box of samples waiting to be tried out. I am so excited now if only I could get my tastebuds back.

MissB

I have so many samples to try!! I hope you feel better soon. Really soon!

so. good.
so good!
it IS creamy and it IS coconuty and it IS slightly chocolate sweet!

i also love that this has green, white, AND black tea blended. which comes off as just a mellower even more friendly black tea flavor. i really do enjoy flavored black teas and della terra makes the best chocolate ones for my taste.
i could see myself buying a full bag next time i order. basically it’s in the top 5 of my della terra ordering list at this point. this tea suits me well.

I really enjoyed this blend. For me, the most prominent note was the coconut, followed by the sweet creaminess of white chocolate. Delicious!

I’ve had this one a couple of times trying to decide what I think of it.

It’s an interesting blend, first one I’ve seen with white, green & blacks teas. Looks mostly like black leaves until they start to unfurl.

Dry leaf smells of rich chocolate. Steeped this blend loses the smell of chocolate and smells sweet and comforting. Tastes like a lighter version of the chocolate scent of the dry leaf. At the end of of each sip, and even more so as it cools, I find coconut in the flavor.

At times I think I can taste the tea base flavors along with the chocolate or coconut notes. Probably just my imagination since there are 3 kinds of leaf plus the flavorings going on in this cuppa. My palate isn’t that refined :).

Yvonne

Mmmm – this one sounds absolutely wonderful.

__Morgana__

Blends of different kinds of teas always make me a little crazy because I’m never sure what temperature and how long to steep them, but this sounds really interesting.

YUMMO! Tastes like Girl Scout Samoas in a cup.

Yay!!! Coconut!!! A coconut tea that actually tastes like coconut :) I was soooo happy when I took a sip of this just now and it had a nice creamy coconutty flavor. I was a little worried about the chocolate bc I was concerned it would overpower the coconut, but it does not at all, it complements it nicely. I really like this so far! The coconut doesn’t taste artificial, and everything blends together well. I will probably re-order this one, it is a really nice blend.

I had a busy tea day. And I haven’t even started in on the list of fifteen or so teas from the last week that I still have to log.

As a white-black-green blend, I had no idea how to brew this thing. Whites I like to brew for only about 30 seconds, greens a minute and a half, and blacks two minutes. This one I let go for between green and black time, and that was definitely too long. The underlying tea was so bitter that I couldn’t really get much flavour. When it comes to creaminess, I’ve definitely had better attempts. I will try this again with a shorter steep time and a lower temperature before I give it a rating, but I did not enjoy this cup.

Flavors: Burnt

Whoops. I’m just trying this now from the Black Friday sale.

Steep #1 // 35 min after boiling // 4-5 min steep
I liked DT’s White Chocolate blend, and this one almost seems the same somehow, or maybe even not as good. The steep color doesn’t look like it has black tea in it at all, but I know it definitely has some in the blend. It tastes sweet, creamy, hints of coconut. But I think the White Chocolate blend had more sweet & creamy. It’s been a while since I’ve had the White Chocolate though…maybe I’m misremembering. There is also a bit of tanginess from the white tea itself in this blend. Maybe I’ll try it at a hotter temp next time.

Steep #2 // half mug full // just boiled // few minutes
This cup had more flavor, and not much more astringency. More coconut! Not much “cream” in either cup. I definitely don’t think this one should be such a low temp, but probably not just boiled either.

This isn’t bad. I’m getting a light coconut flavor in the background (which tastes more like coconut creme pie—artificial coconut flavor—than actual coconut, let’s be honest). At the forefront there’s white chocolate, a creamy, thick flavor that reminds me of chocolate mousse. They work very well with the tea base. I’m tasting more green and white tea than anything else. It’s smooth, the way the flavors meld, though there is a touch of astringency at the end of each sip. (Might have been my fault because I goofed the water temperature.) I’m actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I’m not sure I would buy it again, but I can see myself reaching for it when I’m craving something desserty and can’t bring myself to drink the other teas I’m scrimping and saving.

Thanks for the sample marzipan!