An Irish Dram

Edit tea info Last updated by Georg Demmer

• “I bought this one on the strength of the aroma alone. Sticking my head into the huge canister of tea in the shop, it was like falling into a vat of Bailey's. Sweet, strong, and creamy! It brews...” Read full tasting note
    AdhamL 237 tasting notes
  • “These leaves are so fragrant of Irish Cream! Thanks to Adham I had a wonderfully scented mailbox this afternoon which included a package with this tea. The aroma transfers over to the scent...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Demmers Teehaus

Ceylon blend with the aroma of Irish Whisky liqueur.

About Demmers Teehaus View company

I bought this one on the strength of the aroma alone. Sticking my head into the huge canister of tea in the shop, it was like falling into a vat of Bailey’s. Sweet, strong, and creamy! It brews up to a fairly dark brown liquor, and smells heavenly. They’ve definitely got the mix of whisky and sweet cream right there.

The flavor is bolder tea-wise than I imagined, based on my experience with a couple of the other Demmer’s teas I’ve tried so far this week. This one is clearly based on a strong Ceylon, with a fair bit of astringency which serves as an interesting counterpoint to the Irish Cream direction. Kind of like having a dainty glass of Bailey’s in a dark-paneled library, if that makes sense.

This one is also crying out for cream and sugar, which even in moderate amounts had the surprising effect of really muting the whisky flavor. Still there, but reduced by about three-fourths. Overall, feels kinda decadent to be having this at 10:30 in the morning, but fortunately there’s no actual alcohol in it!

Meghann M

Sounds delicious. I loved bailey’s and coffee…bailey’s cream tea…Wow!

Adham

Yes, it’s heady stuff!

The aroma transfers over to the scent of the brewed tea, such a decadent treat before dinner! The brewed tea has such a strong base tea flavor, and quite impeccable astringency for a sweet scented tea. It reminds me more of an Irish whiskey than a Bailey’s Irish Cream. This seems to work in it’s favor though.

This would make an excellent morning tea, as it is such a strong, rich flavor, it would hold up to any of my breakfast teas. Thanks again Adham for sending a sample of this to me!

Jaime

Oh, that sounds just lovely. I love whiskey.

Adham

Glad you liked it – three cheers for the “water of life”!

LauraR

This sounds lovely. I might have to check out their website.