Genmaicha Extra Green Tea in Pyramids tea bags (Green Sampler Pack)

Green Tea
Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “The roasted and nicely toasted notes of the rice with the smooth vegetal tones from the matcha make for a very pleasant cup! At first sip of this tea you find a soothing and very mild liquid,...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 133 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 67 for the year 2014. Another teabag from the work stash; and another case in which this is a sipdown because of form factor only as I know I have more Den's Genmaicha Extra Green...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “A review of Genmaicha (Extra Green)Tea in Pyramids tea bags by Den’s Tea Our Genmaicha teabag delivers the same great taste and freshness as our loose tea. Ingredients: green tea, genmai,...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “Dumped out my bamboo tea and dug around in my desk drawer here at work and found THIS! I haven't had any straight genmaicha in a while. Yum! I hope the matcha boost will perk me up since I seem...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 882 tasting notes

From Den's Tea

Genmaicha is a blend of Bancha with well roasted brown rice, called Genmai. The rice adds a nutty taste and roasted aroma. It is popular in Japan as an every day tea. Flowery-green aroma.

Ingredients: green tea, genmai, matcha

About Den's Tea View company

At first sip of this tea you find a soothing and very mild liquid, although there is no passivity in the flavor at all. The tea is captivating and controls the senses, demanding more indulgence of this fine leaf.

There is some sort of expectation that one may find some small bits of toasted rice hidden away somewhere in the cup; and strangely, the thought of possibly adding milk (of which I haven’t at this point – yet;), it’s such a likeable combination. It also gives me thoughts of eating a bowl of Rice Krispies, I guess this is where the thoughts of the milk come from.

This sample makes me desiring for more, which was unexpected. I guess it’s time to update the shopping list!

Bonnie

Good flavor!

Sipdown no. 67 for the year 2014. Another teabag from the work stash; and another case in which this is a sipdown because of form factor only as I know I have more Den’s Genmaicha Extra Green somewhere.

I oversteeped this unintentionally. There’s no instructions on the packet so I had to go look up how I’d steeped this tea before in my Steepster notes. By the time I found it, the bag had been sitting in the water for almost 1.5 minutes, when I’d steeped before at 30 seconds!

Fortunately, my mistake doesn’t seem to have made this unbearably bitter or otherwise ruined it. The tea is a light yellow with a greenish tinge. There’s a light, toasty rice flavor over a smooth slightly vegetal green tea flavor.

I think that genmaicha is growing on me. I can see drinking it more frequently than I may have once thought I would. Rating this the same as the non-bagged version of the same tea.

A review of Genmaicha (Extra Green)Tea in Pyramids tea bags by Den’s Tea

Ingredients: green tea, genmai, matcha
This extra green Genmaicha is in a pyramid teabag and I place this in my cup and pour the boiled water into the cup leaving to steep for 30 seconds with this first steep.
Tea is slightly darker in color
Tea’s aroma is a lovely popped rice, or those rice cripies treats, or when dieting those rice cakes.
When I taste this tea, I am met with that grainy texture with a nutty taste. Tea tastes naturally sweet with a full nutty flavor of the Genmaicha.

Having sampled several of Den’s Tea, I am reminded of the Genmaicha teas I had purchased last year at a Japanese grocery store and I still have some of those teas left. I can fully appreciate them all the more.

I haven’t had any straight genmaicha in a while. Yum! I hope the matcha boost will perk me up since I seem to be getting a case of the afternoon sleepies.

This was tasty! Much prefer loose tea but this was a nice sample to try.

Mmmmm. Just what I needed. Nutty, buttery, and green.
My 2 year old is a little tea stealer! If I look away she grabs my cup and gulps it down. When I get my tea back, she just smiles and says, ‘Tea. Hot. Good!’ I like the fact that she likes it, but believe me, she doesn’t need the caffeine! And I don’t want her accidentally scalding herself either.

I have always appreciated Genmaicha, but the popped brown rice is much better in some blends than in others. It matters because the cereal flavor of these blends tends to overshadow the green tea base. Genmaicha is definitely an example of a tea which will not improve with age if left to languish in one’s tea chest, because the cereal can reach the point of smelling and tasting stale. No such problem here, of course.

In the case of Den’s Genmaicha Extra Green Tea in the pyramid bag (a part of the new customer sampler pack), the base tea is bancha, and the rice flavor is quite strong. Drinking a large cup of this blend could probably stave off hunger for a few hours. It really feels like eating food. I like it. I’ve had better, but this is pretty good.

The bancha has been dusted with matcha in this blend, so that means more caffeine, but I still find the popped rice flavor to be dominant.

So I need to stay up late tonight to work on a paper, woohoo :( Anyway, I somehow thought this was the perfect opportunity to try another tea from my Den’s Tea sampler. I really love genmaicha, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I think the matcha kinda takes over the flavor at first, but then the toasty brown rice notes come through towards the end. I really am liking this one, and it’s giving me a nice energy boost without overdoing it.

Will I order more of this? If I did not already have tons of genmaicha, I might. But I also kind of prefer genmaicha on it’s own without the matcha. I will consider buying this if I run out of my current supply of genmaicha.

This will be even a lamer note than my last. Wasn’t paying tons of attention to this cup of tea because I was working on a new Steampunk gun. But I can at least tell you that it makes a delicious cup of roasty goodness. ^^ So much better than the last Genmaicha I tried! Thanks, Cameron B. for letting me know about the Den’s Tea sampler! I’ll be sad when I can no longer steep this tea bag.

Flavors: Roasted

This was good for the morning wake up call. It had a robust green tea taste but is not unpleasant. Definitely stronger tasting than the sencha I drank yesterday morning. The tea was a bit cloudy/murky looking maybe from the powder. Good.