Japanese Green Tea (tea bag) Sencha (Green Sampler Pack)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “Another quick cuppa while I go through my cupboard. Again, i'm glad i got the chance to try this one, even if i prefer loose tea to the tea bags. This would be a good back up for work times. ” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “A review of Japanese Green tea bag Sencha (in Pyramid tea bags) by Den’s Tea This is the same great quality Sencha that they offer loose, with the added convenience of a teabag. Ingredients:...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes

From Den's Tea

Sencha is the most popular tea in Japan, accounting for almost 80% of the tea consumed. Usually the top parts of tea leaves and buds are used to produce Sencha. It is grown in full sunlight and is processed in multiple stages: steaming, kneading, drying, sifting, roasting and often blending. Sencha is noted for its delicate sweetness, mild astringency and flowery-green aroma.

This is the same great quality Sencha that we offer loose, with the added convenience of a teabag.

Ingredients: green tea

About Den's Tea View company

Another quick cuppa while I go through my cupboard. Again, i’m glad i got the chance to try this one, even if i prefer loose tea to the tea bags. This would be a good back up for work times.

A review of Japanese Green tea bag Sencha (in Pyramid tea bags) by Den’s Tea

Ingredients: green tea

I am having this tea steeped for 90 seconds with water temperature at 180 Fahrenheit/80 Celsius. With the pyramid tea bag it is easier to view the leaves as they did not unfold much. They remained the same but the tea’s aroma comes through as being very vegetal and mildly sweet roasting flavor. It smelled of roasted rice actually.

When I take a sip of this tea, I am met with a grainy texture and reminded a bit of the Genmaicha teas that I have enjoyed in the past. Yet this is not a Genmaicha but a Sencha tea. It definitely has a roasting quality to it and there is a delicate sweetness to be found in this cup of Sencha tea.

Overall, this tea is lovely; it is mildly green tea with slight astringency and sweetness at the same time. It is good tea. Thank you Den’s Tea for adding this sampler with my order.