Apple Sencha

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Lena sent me a bit of this tea, and I was in the mood for something fruity tonight so...ta da! Now give me a cookie. [Just kidding. Maybe. Do you have cookies?] She had written down a 30 second...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “I can't believe the brewing perameters on this! The info they sent me clearly states 1/2TB (1.5tsp) steeped in 4oz boiling water for 1min for senchas, but the bag says 1tsp/6oz in 190 degree water...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “I placed my first Den's Tea order and it came really quickly! I ordered the $3 sampler for novices and am really looking forward to broadening my horizons and trying them! My ultimate is to one...” Read full tasting note
    kristenleahharnish 193 tasting notes
  • “I received my order from Den's Tea yesterday afternoon, and they were nice and included this tea as a sample (I requested it, but, they still didn't have to! It was very nice of them to do so!) ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Den's Tea

The combination of dried apple bits and apple flavor make Apple Sencha is a great option to apple cider on a cold evening. It offers the pleasure of sweet-sour apple with Sencha flavor. Also great for iced tea.

Origin: Shizuoka
Harvest: A Blend of 2009 First & Second Harvests
Species: Yabukita

Tasting Profile:
Sweet apple flavor is well mixed with the green Sencha taste.

Den’s Preferred Brewing:
Water: 4oz boiled
Leaves: 2 grams or 1 heaping teaspoon
Steep: 30 sec
2nd Cup: Water boiled; Steep 15 sec

For a cup of Iced Tea: Put 50% more tea leaves into a teapot. Steep as directed for hot tea. Once you brew it, put ice into the cup to lock in the aroma.

About Den's Tea View company

Refreshing, subtle, and tasty! A lovely sweet apple taste, but I think I’ll try this at a lower temperature than suggested next time to see if I can get the sencha to come out to play a little more. It is very warming and calming. More fitting for fall/winter, but it doesn’t quite live up to the pineapple sencha. I want to live in my bag of pineapple sencha.

Teeny Tiny TTB

This is a tasty green tea, not too vegetal, slightly buttery, even. I’m getting a faint bit of apple (which became more pronounced when I added a little bit of sweetener). This is good, but I definitely enjoyed the green tea I had yesterday more. I certainly wouldn’t turn down another cup, but I’m not sure it’s special enough to stock.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This tea comes to be courtesy of Stephanie. I actually had very high hopes for this tea because I really enjoyed the grape sencha. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. It started off hopeful with a very candy-like apple scented dry leaf. It actually really reminded me of the smell of apple Jolly Ranchers. After steeping, though, it also started smelling a bit waxy like crayons, which was confusing. The taste of the tea had that nice candy apple flavor, but followed up with a waxy flavor and a greasy feeling as well. I just couldn’t get over that last part. I will probably give this tea another shot as a cold brew, but it was just not what I was expecting and hoping for.

Stephanie

:/ I agree unfortunately

Well, although this is better than the Grape Sencha, I still would have preferred it if I had just ordered 2oz of Sakura sencha and 2oz of pineapple sencha, instead of the 4 flavored sencha tasting set.

It is interesting, this doesn’t taste like apple juice, or apple cider…it’s more like a natural apple candy of some kind. Even though I didn’t sweeten it, it reminds me of taffy or something! Not bad, I’ll enjoy all of these cold brewed this summer for sure. Glad I tried them but I know my order next spring will be different :)

liked this a lot but not as much as the pineapple sencha.