Ice Wine Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

2 Images

• “Taking a quick break from the family to say Happy Thanksgiving, Steepster! I hope where ever you are that your day has totally rocked and that you've had some amazing tea to drink. I had a cup...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 789 tasting notes
  • “Had this again yesterday only I decided to put the last cup into the fridge so I could try it cold. It is indeed just as good iced as I had thought it would be although I think if I'm going to...” Read full tasting note
    chai-jenn 104 tasting notes
  • “This is REALLY good! Having tried one or two other Ice Wine teas, I kinda figured what this would taste like... but this truly exceeds those expectations! This is definitely the BEST Ice Wine...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Oddly I just found this one in a random place in my desk where I don't usually store tea! Very strange! So...I decided to drink it! It's a mellower Ice Wine Tea - perhaps because of the amount...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Design a Tea

One might ask…“Ice Wine Tea?” We sure did! We were asked to see what we could come up with- so we did a little research and found a great base recipe and added to it. This tastes just like iced wine. It’s a black tea base with ice wine flavoring (iced white grapes from Ontario) and organic pear flavoring. Together they leave a subtle sweet aftertaste of white grape wine. You won’t need to add sugar to this one, it’s sweet enough on it’s own.

About Design a Tea View company

Taking a quick break from the family to say Happy Thanksgiving, Steepster! I hope where ever you are that your day has totally rocked and that you’ve had some amazing tea to drink.

I had a cup of this earlier today while I was trying to simultaneously cook and clean (it turns out that’s really hard to do!). Every time I drink this I’m impressed with how good it is. It’s a great take on iced wine. I’m still loving the pear flavor and the light floral note. Also, this tea smells great. I want my whole house to smell like that all the time.

Had this again yesterday only I decided to put the last cup into the fridge so I could try it cold. It is indeed just as good iced as I had thought it would be although I think if I’m going to drink it that way I’ll add honey to sweeten instead of sugar.

This is REALLY good!

Having tried one or two other Ice Wine teas, I kinda figured what this would taste like… but this truly exceeds those expectations! This is definitely the BEST Ice Wine tea I’ve tasted!

It is sweet and I like the flavor of the ice wine and the pear together. The pear gives it a very pleasing smoothness. I like this very much.

Oddly I just found this one in a random place in my desk where I don’t usually store tea! Very strange! So…I decided to drink it! It’s a mellower Ice Wine Tea – perhaps because of the amount of loose leaf in the sample I received…I didn’t do a full cuppa…but this is really nice. I like that it’s different and doesn’t have an intense flavor like the others…I mean…they can’t ALL be the same, right? Sometimes you are looking for a lighter flavor and other times an intense flavor, eh? At least that is how I think!

This is great hot or cold but I do prefer ICED. It’s like a mix of white grapes, pear, and sugar with the freshest mineral/spring water you ever tasted…very clean, crisp! It’s really wonderful!

Yummy!
This is my first experience with any Iced Wine tea and I love it!
Makes me want to order some right away but also makes me want to explore other brands as well. However based on the tea logs here it looks like this company has it down pat!
I would not mind it a bit stronger but this is really enjoyable!
I have not drank alcohol for over three years now for health reasons (type 1 diabetic for 40 years) but I have missed a really good wine now and then!
This is very accurate to a merlot flavor with no bitterness, the right amount of sweetness and a cooling feeling even served hot!
I definitely want to explore ice wine more!

Dianne

I just ordered the blueberry merlot from Tea forte For the same reason I miss a glass of wine once in awhile ( Not diabetic ) supporting husband. Thanks

Azzrian

That is excellent that you are supporting your husband in his non-drinking! My hubby also stopped with me and it makes it so much easier! I hope you enjoy it! I will have to check out the blueberry merlot too! :)

I brewed a pitcher of this last night and stuck it in the fridge over night. Despite the below freezing temperatures (thanks, Polar Vortex!) I’ve been hankering for some iced tea. I used up the last of my stash of this and I don’t think I’ll be reordering.

This tea still doesn’t taste quite right to me. I like it better chilled, but not by much. I do like that the predominant flavor is black tea. I don’t like that I get a perfumy taste in my mouth when drinking this.

I got this as a bonus free sample from Design A Tea. With designatea.comyou pick a base tea (black,oolong,green or rooibos) and then add two flavors. I’m no wine expert, but this smells like a wine. Almost like a non-alcohol wine, where it just has the grape. The taste is actually a little perfumey, but that could be the pear flavor or the black tea itself. There is a lot of tea in this tea bag, and the second steep was just as good. The black is a nice base for the wine flavor but I liked the vanilla almond sample I liked better (obviously, as I created that one.) Go to designatea.com to create your own sample for $1 shipping and get a $2 coupon with the sample. It’s fun to try!

Oooo that is good. Definitely a wine type of tea. Great flavor. Its good warm and i have a feeling it will be even better cold.

1 tsp

HTTB #12/18

I was intrigued by the name of this tea. Ice wine? I am not sure I have the actual wine drink. This smelled a little odd. The taste, not too bad. I can’t put my fingure on the flavors. I was thinking rose? If I think about it a bit I get a redish wine. I am enjoying this cup. Odd and a little different, but enjoyable.