Pear Pecan

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by BlueKittyMeow

1 Tasting Note View all

From Design a Tea

Custom blend of oolong with pear and pecan flavor.

About Design a Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This was the second of the two tea samples I requested.
I’m debating something here – is this tea just intrinsically not so great? I don’t know. Should pear, pecans, and oolong not be put together in a tea? Very likely.
I thought the pecan might play well with the occasional butteriness of oolong and that the pear might be nice with floral notes.
I don’t know… this tastes burnt… like burnt coffee. I think the pecans overwhelm things. If I were to try again, I would probably brew the oolong at a lower temp. The package said boiling, but 195 might have been better.
I think the oolong might not have been that great. My sister hated it and I ended up pouring it out :(

I have had some REALLY wonderful teas from Design A Tea such as Marzipan Sunset SO SO GOOD, their Plum Lovin is great, and I have made several of my own I love. Sometimes though there is a miss as well. I think when a company is willing to try many different things that can happen. Their prices however and their coupons they send with orders seem to help a lot to balance out that risk for me.

I was pretty happy with the other blend from them and loved how fast and nice they were. I felt really bad about disliking this one so much – thanks for the recommendation about Marzipan Sunset – I love almond. I’m definitely willing to give things another shot!