Mocha Pecan Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “We have a winner. This is so good!!! This is almost as good as Florance Harney & Sons. Yum, chocolate, mocha, nutty goodness. I don't really have much to say other that, I like it. Might be...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 753 tasting notes
  • “thanks for sharing dexter! I quite like this one, though it's not quite as rich as i want it to be. I do like that it really does come across as a mocha pecan tea rather than some other blends...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5401 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Sil* for a sample of this blend (and it looks like some thanking applies to *Dexter* as well, who appears to have been the original source of this deliciousness). Anyhow, brewing this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2609 tasting notes

From Design a Tea

I chose Mocha and Pecan in Black Tea

About Design a Tea View company

Yum, chocolate, mocha, nutty goodness.
I don’t really have much to say other that, I like it. Might be just a tiny bit thin on the tongue. I’m going to add a bit more leaf and little longer steep next time, try and make it richer than add some milk and hope to get that nice creamy mouth feel that I like. All in all though, this is really good!!

oooh this sounds delicious…

Dexter

It’s in your box…. I packaged up a few (?) for you will mail them off tomorrow. Am going to stop, have several others I thought about putting in, but will save some for next time… :))

haha yes! wait! there will be a next time :)

thanks for sharing dexter! I quite like this one, though it’s not quite as rich as i want it to be. I do like that it really does come across as a mocha pecan tea rather than some other blends that are more coffee bean than mocha. Overall not a bad first experience with design a tea!

Thanks to Sil for a sample of this blend (and it looks like some thanking applies to Dexter as well, who appears to have been the original source of this deliciousness).

Anyhow, brewing this up as one of only a couple flavoured teas I have on the go tonight, ALL I could smell was its delicious aroma. OM NOM. If I had to guess, I’d guess Hazelnut Mocha, I think, by the aroma. Flavourwise, it is pretty impressive too. Quite decadent and lovely, very nutty (again, I’d guess hazelnut), and a bit chocolatey. Not really picking up coffee, but that’s not a problem whatsoever. Also not really tasting too much in the way of the base tea – I wish it was a bit more solid, because it does come off slightly watery in that sense, but the flavourings are nearly good enough to overcome that. I think, though, that for me to really love this tea, it would need a base change. I might try infusing the last bit of the tea that I have a bit longer (I’m always very cautious with black blends since I hate astringency) to see if it helps the base at all. Flavouring-wise, though, this is a solid 90 tea.