Mint Chip Cookie

Rooibos Tea
Cacao Nibs, Dark Chocolate, Maple Crystals, Peppermint, Rooibos, Spearmint, Vanilla
Dark Chocolate, Mint, Chocolate, Cocoa, Maple Syrup, Peppermint, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA
195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

• “I tried this hot. I enjoyed this blend! I love refreshing flavours, so peppermint and spearmint are definitely some of my favourite herbal tea blends. This smells very minty, with the slightest...” Read full tasting note
  • “Taking the advice written on this sample from VariaTEA to have this as an iced latte and it feels like the right choice. I get a bit of the rooibos, but it’s toned down more than if it was hot. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been off of mint for a while now, but can honestly say I was ok with it in this cup. I love a good mint chip ice cream, so I can get behind this tea. Accurate, nice balance of both mint and...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t generally like rooibos, cocao or chocolate in teas, except when they are all together and paired with mint and vanilla, apparently. This is not the first chocolate mint rooibos I’ve enjoyed...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

Every tea party needs COOKIES! And not just any cookies: fudgy, chocolaty, pepperminty ones! I was inspired by chocolate chip cookies, thin mints, and cookies and cream, all of which I am happy to scarf down, so when I mashed those ideas together, I came up with Mint Chip Cookie, a twist on the classic chocolate mint with creamy vanilla and maple mixed in. Hit it with a splash of milk or make it into a latte; it’s heaven either way.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 5-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

I tried this hot. I enjoyed this blend! I love refreshing flavours, so peppermint and spearmint are definitely some of my favourite herbal tea blends. This smells very minty, with the slightest hint of chocolate.

I would say this tea tastes expensive and fresh. Obviously, I think that is because Deb does not use any artificial flavourings in her tea. I even took a bite of the chocolate pieces and the cacao nibs, and they tasted like organic, antioxidant-rich chocolates I would eat when I was on my health kick!

The mint is very strong in this one, which I love. I would say the chocolate is more so in the background as opposed to being a prominent note.

I also liked that the rooibos in this blend was in the background. In fact, it does not taste like rooibos at all! I would have never guessed it was in here (which I like, since I am not a huge fan of rooibos teas).

Although I enjoyed this tea, my one piece of constructive criticism would be that it needs more chocolate. Mint is a strong flavour, so I think adding additional chocolate would have amplified this tea so much more!

But overall, I liked it. It was simple and refreshing.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Mint

Taking the advice written on this sample from VariaTEA to have this as an iced latte and it feels like the right choice. I get a bit of the rooibos, but it’s toned down more than if it was hot. I think I get more mint than chocolate, but I get a little chocolate too. It’s an interesting mix of mints. I can pick them out individually, but they also melt together well. I’d love to see DDB do this on a black base!

I’ve been off of mint for a while now, but can honestly say I was ok with it in this cup. I love a good mint chip ice cream, so I can get behind this tea. Accurate, nice balance of both mint and chocolate. Maybe it’s the vanilla rounding things out that pulled it all together?

I don’t generally like rooibos, cocao or chocolate in teas, except when they are all together and paired with mint and vanilla, apparently. This is not the first chocolate mint rooibos I’ve enjoyed and it won’t be the last. I may like Silk Road’s more herbal Chocolate Panda slightly more because of the chamomile and anise; the maple syrup here makes this a real dessert and I don’t always have that much of a sweet tooth!

As always, this rooibos tastes best when it cools a bit (or completely).

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Maple Syrup, Mint, Peppermint, Vanilla

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’ve been going nuts checking my tracking for this package from a new-to-me company, Dessert by Deb, for over a week now. It’s a Canadian company out of Toronto that specializes in dessert blends. For anyone that knows me, you know that’s my jam so I’ve been excited and it was supposed to arrive Wednesday last week so my family and Roswell Strange and Sil have all gotten basically daily updates about why hasn’t the package arrived yet! Well, it’s here and I’m excited. Also, surprised. Surprised because RS and I talked about how this company seems to be blowing up on Instagram but then I come to Steepster and it’s not even in the database yet. So, Steepster meet Dessert by Deb. Dessert by Deb, meet Steepster.

I made this as an iced latte (I asked RS which tea to start with as an iced latte and she suggested this) and while this doesn’t scream “cookie” to me, as the latte with a slight chocolate drizzle and whipped cream, this screams mint chip ice cream. At times I get a dark cocoa that reminds me of the cookie part of an Oreo so maybe that’s what they were going for. If that’s the case, then it’s some Oreo cookie crumble over mint chip ice cream. It’s just so smooth, creamy and decadently mint chip. Great introduction to a new company. Hopefully it’s not just excitement making things seem better though.