Caramel Apple Cinnamon Bun

Apple, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Honey, Maple Crystals, Sugar
Apple, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Pastries, Sweet, Frosting, Sugar
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “This is one of a few opened Deb packets that I moved into my small packets section on the countertop. I have so many of her teas and I never drink them! So I figured I would fix that by moving...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (1291)! Not a “true” sipdown per say, but I drank a cup of this an hour or so ago during a morning meeting and now I’m going to send the last cup of it off to someone else in a teaswap. So,...” Read full tasting note
  • “ Advent Calendar Day 10 Ooo, this is yummy! Cinnamon is a tricky flavor for me, as it so often ends up overpowering everything else and coming across like I just melted red hots into my cup. But...” Read full tasting note
  • “Not quite sure what happened here. I can smell the cinnamon, I can see the apple pieces…but I taste neither. It’s just extremely sweet caramel. I added a bit of honey, but not enough to skew the...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

Two desserts rolled into one?! YES! Imagine warm apple pie married with a sticky sweet cinnamon bun and you’ve got Dessert by Deb’s Caramel Apple Cinnamon Bun tea! Warm up this winter with this black tea blend bursting with cinnamon sugar and apples and be transported to dessert heaven. Because we know nothing says love like a tealicious baked good.

Certified organic ingredients: Black Tea, Honey, Bee Pollen, Apple, Canadian Maple, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

1997 tasting notes

This is one of a few opened Deb packets that I moved into my small packets section on the countertop. I have so many of her teas and I never drink them! So I figured I would fix that by moving some where I could easily see them.

I have mixed feelings about this one… I really like the flavors going on, it’s perfectly cinnamon bun with a hint of apple. I can just imagine the glorious apple cinnamon-filled spirals, fresh out of the oven… Yum.

But it’s also a bit too sweet for me. Almost all of Deb’s teas have maple crystals or brown sugar or both, but this one just has a little too much IMO. Maybe that’s because it helps to sell the idea of caramel?

Anyway, it’s delicious and I’ll have no trouble finishing off my 25g packet, but it’s not one I would reorder.

Flavors: Apple, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Pastries, Sweet

Silent Kettle

I absolutely love sweet, lol! :3 I am glad you enjoyed this one and it sounds like it captured the essence of a pastry. I am going to get a large bag of this one I think since I wanted to make it as a latte in the mornings! Your review pushed me to make that purchase once her shop re-opens ha-ha.

Sipdown (1291)!

Not a “true” sipdown per say, but I drank a cup of this an hour or so ago during a morning meeting and now I’m going to send the last cup of it off to someone else in a teaswap. So, kind of a sipdown! I’m counting it, though.

Thanks for sharing VariaTEA – this is definitely the kind of profile that would have pulled me in based on the name alone so not having to blind buy a larger bag ended up being a great thing for me. Overall, I actually enjoyed the tea and I do strongly agree that it tastes like a sweet and bready/pastry heavy “Cinnamon Bun” with just the right bit of apple notes as well. However, it’s not really caramel-like at all to me, and that’s disappointing because what I was most interested in was this idea of a “caramel apple” with cinnamon, as opposed to a cinnamon bun with a bit of apple and extra sweetness branded as ‘caramel’. There was also something about it that was a little bit oatmeal-like to me in terms of flavour as well, and I enjoyed that note and thought it worked really well with the cinnamon and the apple.

Overall, it’s a very enjoyable cinnamon bun/cinnamon apple oatmeal kind of profile. I just, once again, feel a little let down at the promise of a caramel profile that didn’t quite land and I wish there was just a bit more of a tart green apple (rather than the baked apple flavour present here) taste to the tea that would make the composition a little more dynamic.

Thankful to have tried it, but I definitely don’t need a bigger bag of it.

Cameron B.

Totally counts as a sipdown!

Mastress Alita

It’s a shipdown!

ashmanra

Ooooh, I love it, Mastress Alita!

Advent Calendar Day 10

Ooo, this is yummy! Cinnamon is a tricky flavor for me, as it so often ends up overpowering everything else and coming across like I just melted red hots into my cup. But this blend does it WELL! Not sure what wizardry is at work here, but the aroma of this tea is exactly like walking past Cinnabon at the mall…not just cinnamon, but a yeasty, bready scent with a hint of icing sugar. And the taste is on-point as well! Not really getting the apple flavor here, but I don’t mind because it tastes like a sweet, delicious frosted cinnamon pastry even without any sugar added. Really want to try this as a latte, because I think that would be amazing!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Frosting, Pastries, Sugar, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Shae

Oh this one sounds good!

Silent Kettle

Ouu! This one sounds delicious! :) I have been wanting to try it for so long, but it is sadly sold out on her online store! Cannot wait to try it; your review has convinced me to pick it up once it is back in stock.

Not quite sure what happened here. I can smell the cinnamon, I can see the apple pieces…but I taste neither. It’s just extremely sweet caramel. I added a bit of honey, but not enough to skew the flavor profile this much.

Sample from variaTEA. This one was alright, but not over the top amazing. I didn’t find it too sweet, but I wasn’t really getting caramel appl from this. Instead it just really felt more like a cinnamon bun tea….but not the delicious one from steapshope :(

This is my hands down favorite tea! I am obsessed. This is a staple in my cupboard. I make it hot, as a tea or a latte. I haven’t tried it iced yet, will try to come back and update when I do. :)

I asked both Sil and Roswell Strange if I should make this or Coconut Maple Custard as an iced latte and both said Maple Coconut Custard. So this got made as a plain tea. I want to like this but something in the smell is throwing me a bit. Plus, this has a strong sweet note but it falls flat. I get a whole lot of maple and then apple and cinnamon bun icing with a dash of cinnamon. It has all the components but I just need the flavor to be more rounded out. It’s sweet on sweet on sweet and while I want to like it, I don’t.

hahahaha