Earl Grey Tea Cake

Calendula Petals, Honey, Lavender, Maple Crystals, Natural Bergamot Oil, Organic Black Tea, Sugar
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I’m really enjoying the couple EG blends I’ve tried from Deb. I’m liking the bergamot she’s using, especially combined with the strong, herbal lavender. The honey/maple/brown sugar surprisingly...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hmmm… I’m getting the same strange flavors that I did with DDB’s other EG that I tried. I can smell it, it’s a sharp and bright and comes out in the flavor. It’s less ginseng than the other EG....” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

An afternoon tea collection wouldn’t be complete without a quintessential classic: Earl Grey! Whether you love it or leave it, an Earl Grey can be found on all afternoon tea menus, just waiting to be hit with a sugar cube and splash of milk, or a slice of lemon to bring out that bright bergamot flavour that Earl Grey tea is so known for. Here, Dessert by Deb kicks it up a notch by creating a dessert Earl Grey tea blend worthy of any three-tiered affair!

Earl Grey Tea Cake combines the classic black tea laced with bergamot with sweet notes of honey and bee pollen, maple, brown sugar, and a kiss of lavender for a twist on an ultimate classic.

Certified organic ingredients: Black Tea, Natural Bergamot, Honey, Bee Pollen, Canadian Maple, Brown Sugar, Calendula Petals, Lavender

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

I’m really enjoying the couple EG blends I’ve tried from Deb. I’m liking the bergamot she’s using, especially combined with the strong, herbal lavender. The honey/maple/brown sugar surprisingly don’t take the sweetness over the top, but balance the strong herbaceous qualities of the berg and lavender.

Cameron B.

I expect I won’t like this one, not being a lavender lover, but I ordered a sample anyway because the concept sounded yummy. :P

amandastory516

I hope it surprises you!

Silent Kettle

My friend tried this and really liked it! :) I really like Deb’s early grey blends!

Hmmm… I’m getting the same strange flavors that I did with DDB’s other EG that I tried. I can smell it, it’s a sharp and bright and comes out in the flavor. It’s less ginseng than the other EG. It’s mellowed out with the addition of cream, but that also kills the rest of the flavors for me. I did not get any cakey flavors though. Not a huge fan of this one, but I super appreciate the chance to try it. Thanks VariaTEA!