Cranberry Crabapple Jam

Apple, Beet Root, Cherry, Cranberries, Hibiscus, Rose Hips
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Dessert by Deb

Preserving orchard, farm fresh fruits is a hallmark of celebrating the season’s best harvest and what better way to enjoy the bounty than with jam slathered on warm baked goods? Toast, scones, biscuits – it’s all just a delectable blank canvas for this mouthwatering herbal blend of juicy cranberries, apples, cherries, hibiscus, and rosehips. Savour this sweet and tart concoction all season long!

Certified organic ingredients: Cranberries, Apple, Cherries, Hibiscus, Rosehips, Beetroot Powder

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

I was really excited about this blend and the dry leaf visual is also SUPER cool looking but to be completely honest I was very underwhelmed by it when I tried it last night…

I’ve been trying to think of the kindest way to say it, but ultimately I think the best way is the most honest way and that’s that… it just tasted very stale. Really flat/muted and musty apple that’s not assisted in any way by the dull earthiness of the beet power that’s coating those apple pieces (even though they look bloody brilliant)! The cranberry is similar; tastes like the bag of Craisins that’s been sitting in your pantry for multiple years that you bought one day because you were going to “start being healthy” but then never finished. Doesn’t contribute much flavour at all.

Now, I believe this blend has zero flavouring in it – and that’s probably the root of the problem. It’s not that a tea needs flavouring to be good, but dried fruits rarely ACTUALLY contribute substantial flavouring to blends – they mostly look nice and sometimes work as good flavour carriers because they soak up flavouring like little sponges (depending on the fruit). A blend comprised only of dried fruits, though, is just trying to win and uphill battle.

Courtney

This made me think of eating all the crabapple jelly as a kid. The best!

Cameron B.

Aw, that’s such a shame, the concept sounds so yummy to me! Is there a cranberry tea that you enjoy?

Sipdown (277)

I have made this 3 times now and every time I didn’t really get to try it hot. And when I did try it, it would be like one distracted sip and then I would fall asleep or need to attend to something else. So, with this being the last serving, I made a conscious effort to get to it hot and now that I have, I have to say, I am indifferent.

I get cherry, apple, sort of cranberry. Hibiscus, though its not overly tart. Honestly, it might have been better when it was cold. It’s meh.