Caramel, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

From Dilmah

100% pure ceylon-based flavored tea

About Dilmah View company

I really thought I reviewed this one. I’m in the process of ‘paying it FWD’ so I am sending them out to a slew of peeps. I will do an official review in the next few days, tho…now that I see I never reviewed it in the first place LOL

what is the perfect excuse to procrastinate on finishing my homework? The delivery of a surprise tea parcel from teaequalsbliss! Mmm ceylon tea packed full of caffeine, grant me the strength to finish all this stupid statistics homework. Thanks a ton teaequalsbliss!!!

This is of course, no match to Lupicia’s caramel-flavoured tea… but it is decent enough. The caramel flavour is not that strong yet recognizable. While flavouring may not be Dilmah’s strength, their lovely Ceylon tea base never goes wrong. I usually drink this after I’ve made dinner at home, i.e. when I am too tired to brew loose tea leaves after all the dinner preparation, and want something sweet to pamper myself. :P

Gift from ToiToi in our trade. This tea is surprisingly good, considering it is a bagged tea from a company I’ve never heard of. Possibly I’m just exposing my ignorance to the world of tea companies. But really, I can definitely taste the caramel and it is a surprisingly strong flavour. Not nearly as good as my Vanilla and Caramel Black from Ovation Teas but this is really good for a bagged tea. The Ovation Teas tea always leaves a complete sticky mess in my steeper. This is much more convenient. And I can try it 2 more times!

I guess Dilmah isn’t popular in the U.S… It is pretty good brand. :) I think their caramel tea is one of the best! :)

I fancy a little indulgence moment right now and chose this wonderful sounding caramel tea. My cat quite likes the smell of this one =^_^=
I am hoping that Las Vegas, Nevada have some unique tea’s that I can buy later in the week when I visit. I imagined they would be sweet like this one sounds.

The colour is dark brown and almost looks like a hot chocolate.
The smell is sweet but you can also smell the black tea so it’s sweet yet bitter.

It tastes like a normal black tea but with two sugars to give it a lot of sweetness. I wouldn’t say it tasted like caramel per say but it certainly is sweet. Not too sweet though if you are used to sweet black tea anyway. I was hoping in fact that it would be sweeter and much more caramel like.
The black tea is alright, a little bitter and strong tasting.

If I ordered tea in a shop and was given this I would have absolutely no idea that it was caramel tea. It just tastes like a normal black tea with a sugar in it and a slight chemical taste.
Not very pleasing… much for my indulgence.

This is pretty nice. Thank you, Starfevre. The black tea base is smooth and not bitter. I wouldn’t mind a stronger caramel taste, but then again I’m (almost) always saying that about flavourings.

Btw, today marks a milestone in my evolution as a tea-appreciator. Today I found myself preferring tea over coffee as my first hot drink of the day. And it used to be that I didn’t like black tea (esp if not strongly flavoured), but I’m really enjoying this one, even though the flavouring is pretty mild and subtle (mainly just burnt sugar, not a bunch of strong fruit or spices).

This tea makes me feel like a caramel dragon!
It smells a bit caramel-y, but I mostly experience it as an aftertaste—especially in my breath. Maybe I’m just not experienced enough to distinguish “caramel” taste from “sweet” though because this is a sweet black tea. Strong, but not bitter.
I enjoy this cup less because of taste and more because it’s fun to be a dragon.

Flavors: Caramel, Sweet