Premium

Edit tea info Last updated by Marek Mirczynski

From Dilmah

Finley balanced richness, flavour, strength & aroma for the perfect tea.Tea perfect for everyday drinking from the central highlands of Sri Lanka, reputed for its brightness & medium strength.

About Dilmah View company

I think this is the only single estate tea I can get from the supermarket. I opened up one of the tea bags and I saw that the tea leaves were very fine, so I’m guessing that they are tea dust. The tea had an overall weak flavor, though a bit brisk in character. 3 minutes of steep time or less is ideal, since it does get bitter if the teabag is left in the cup for any longer amount of time. I think it is best to have it without milk since the taste becomes quite dull. Making it iced is also a good idea.

Add: This definitely goes better with honey than with sugar. Not surprising as this is usually the case with most teas, but still worth noting.

Samu San

RAUNCHEYYY

Had this at the office, to try.
There was no lipton yellow available to compare it directly; but those two teasare rather similar to my opinion;
The taste of the Dilmah Premium might be a bit less generic, but it remains a black tea with only very tiny pieces of leaves in the bag. I tried a second steep and got slightly colored hot water; with a Lipton, the second steep was weaker but still tea.
I’ve got to bring something to drink my good teas instead of those craps.

Backlog (last one!). This was by far the most common tea available in Poland, always offered with lemon and sometimes with sugar. I only had it with milk once (and sugar, too; it was called “caramel tea” on the menu, which was kind of cute), but it took it well.

This tea steeps very fast and strong and is rather bitter when left black. It resteeps easily several times, and on at least three occasions I got a full four-cup pot out of one bag. My favorite way to drink this was with a squeeze of lemon, which seems to be the common Polish way to serve tea. Something about the lemon balances out the flavor of the tea and makes it truly delicious. It’s not the best I’ve ever had, but it was reliable and available everywhere. I’ve developed a kind of affection for it after 20+ cups.

A mellow, yet very flavorful tea. When I got my shipment in from Amazon, there were close to a dozen assorted free samples in the box, and I tried a few of those first. I wasn’t that impressed with the ones I tried, except for the afternoon tea, so I was a little bit afraid of what this tea was going to taste like. But my fears were unfounded, because this is a delightful afternoon type tea and will take its place there on my daily schedule.

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 15 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Current favorite for morning – mainly because I’m lazy, want a teabag with a good flavour. I love the body in this tea, and with milk it reminds me of my English-Canadian upbringing.

Got it in a sample pack and its just what i’m looking for, a little different with a nice punch.

Very strong, pungent and astringent. Has a decent caffeine kick, but can be lip-puckeringly astringent.
I use it to power up weaker blends, but do not enjoy this stuff by itself.

way better than lipton imo

I’m almost done my first box of 100. I like it, I won’t hesitate getting it again. It’s good when you just want a general black tea. I use it as a two-bagger tea — 1st infusion I steep for 3-4 min and 2nd infusion I’ll let sit in for 15 min+ until I’m done my 1st cup.