English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Antares

From Dilmah

Dilmah English Breakfast tea bags are essence of Ceylon. It is a strong tea with gentleness bordered by firm character. Ideal accompaniment to strong tasting food. A creation of British farmers who pioneered the tea industry in the day of the British Raj.

About Dilmah View company

Greetings from China! Amusingly, the first tea I’m logging here is a bagged one of non-Chinese origin. I’ve visited many relatives, some of whom I haven’t seen in years, and amidst the food and chatter there has been a good quantity of tea, of course. I’m keeping a journal of the local teas I’ve tried so far, but as they would all be “unknown by unknown” on the site, I will save my notes for now and post highlights later.

This was a very decent, smooth, Ceylon-heavy breakfast blend that definitely woke me up and soothed me on a morning where I was still dealing with jetlag. It has been raining constantly for the past few days, and a hot cup of tea is just what I need. I’m looking out on the city from a loft on the 6th floor right now, and can see forested mountains in the near distance. The area I’m in is a curious juxtaposition of the natural and urban, and there is more plant life and more kinds of birds and butterflies than I’ve seen anywhere else. Looking forward to more adventures to come.

Delicious straight black tea. The one I drink in the morning when I just want a cup to pick me up without really paying attention to it. I prefer maltier teas like Yorkshire tea, but this one is fair trade and it’s very decent for bagged tea.

How i got it: Bought it (Dilmah’s Variety Pack)

Experience: I’ve tried this pack in the past, before opening my Steepster account, so I didn’t have a log for them. Let’s change that, then. This EB has an intense aroma, with caramel and slightly acidic notes, and a softer, less intense taste than your usual Breakfast tea. However, it retains the classic bitter-y notes in the middle of the sip that are typical of these blends. More inclined to an Assam than to a Ceylon in my opinion, it has a good duration, and a relatively complex taste with spiced and acidic hints. Medium astringency. Honestly, I expected a bit more, but this is a enjoyable tea -no doubt about it.

Would i buy it again?: My experience with Dilmah is good overall, so I’d say yes.

A pleasant cup of English Breakfast. But not as bold or as malty as others I’ve tried.