Rose With French Vanilla

Bitter, Floral, Rose, Soap, Flowers, Cream
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by MayCSB

• “Cleaning out my cupboards whilst the kettle was boiling and I found two teabags left of this tea. I thought I had finished them long ago but apparently not. I remember this being disappointing and...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1118 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 187. Yet another of the selection of rose teas that I got in my swap with *ToiToi*. Thanks! I brewed this one both cooler and shorter than I normally would because I saw immediately...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1990 tasting notes
  • “I drank this one last night. It is very fragrant and lovely. The flavor and aroma is mostly rose but is is softened by the vanilla. The vanilla, to me anyway, didn't really have a distinct note...” Read full tasting note
    sandragon 61 tasting notes
  • “Agree with Veronica that it's a mood booster... this rose tea is an elegant drink. It smells so fragrant and sweet that no matter how busy you are, you can't resist the temptation to pause to enjoy...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 314 tasting notes

From Dilmah

Inspiringly aromatic, with a medium bodied floral note, the flavour of Rose with a hint of French Vanilla combines ceylon tea in a perfect embrace. Elegant and sophisticated, a perfect afternoon or after dinner tea with a touce of romance.

About Dilmah View company

Cleaning out my cupboards whilst the kettle was boiling and I found two teabags left of this tea. I thought I had finished them long ago but apparently not. I remember this being disappointing and a little odd tasting but hopefully milk and sugar should make it smooth enough to gulp it down.

The sugar brings out more vanilla but it’s still not up to much. Such a shame because rose and French vanilla could have been something special.

A quick rest and then I’m going to try and find my Yunomi monthly club parcel, I seem to have misplaced it :s Got a clean large tin to blend my own Genmaicha and I loose the tea…bloody typical!

1990 tasting notes

Sipdown, 187. Yet another of the selection of rose teas that I got in my swap with ToiToi. Thanks!

I brewed this one both cooler and shorter than I normally would because I saw immediately that it is a CTC leaf, and I am scared of CTC. Steeped, it smells primarily of rose in a somewhat perfumy way. You guys know that I love strong rose and rarely associate it with perfume, but for whatever reason this one is perfumy. The rose flavor is powerful, but again it kind of like perfume or soap. I don’t taste the vanilla as a distinct note but rather it lends a creaminess to the tea. Unfortunately, the main problem here is not the perfumy rose but the sharp spike of bitterness and astringency from the CTC base is too much for me. I knew I was right to be afraid! :P

I drank this one last night. It is very fragrant and lovely. The flavor and aroma is mostly rose but is is softened by the vanilla. The vanilla, to me anyway, didn’t really have a distinct note in the tea but didn’t make the tea any less good. I felt very spolied. It is a light tea.

Agree with Veronica that it’s a mood booster… this rose tea is an elegant drink. It smells so fragrant and sweet that no matter how busy you are, you can’t resist the temptation to pause to enjoy it. I feel like a princess as I take a sip, even though I am rushing a report at home in my old pyjamas!!!

Initially the scent reminded me of musk sticks from when I was young. I steeped a bag in 400 mls boiling water from the urn at work and topped it with 100mls cold water from the tap. I left it for 3 minutes and drank the cup over an hour. The Turkish delight style flavour came through more as the water cooled, and left a lovely sweet aftertaste. A sweet cup of tea that tastes like a luxury.

I have mixed feelings about rose. Sometimes I kind of like it, other times I hate it. I think I like it in this tea, the flavor isn’t too strong. Can’t really pick up on the vanilla notes, but oh well. Good with or without milk (:

I smell rose but taste weak flat ceylon tea, almost bordering on dishwasher water.

Starting the morning off with this one. Wanted to start with a black tea for the caffeine. I just love the smell of this one!

Truly one of the worst teas I’ve ever had. Possibly THE worst. I’d considered giving it a straight up 1/100, but I can sorta see how someone else might like it, even if it’s like drinking rose-scented dish soap.
For me, it was just way too floral. Overpowering. I couldn’t have imagined anything more floral unless I was literally eating rose petals straight up. Then again, I’m not a fan of floral teas. I’d tried adding some sugar to cut the bitter flavor, but to no avail. The vanilla flavor wasn’t present at all.
Overall, unless you enjoy the most floral of teas, I wouldn’t recommend this to you.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Rose, Soap

The taste is pretty good, but it is a bit reminiscent of Aunt Mary’s soap collection.

Flavors: Flowers, Soap