Peppermint & English Toffee

Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

• “Thank you *Josie Jade* for this sample. Almost seen all of the songs in this years Eurovision and some of the entries have been...interesting...to say the least. Still it's nice to see so many...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1080 tasting notes
  • “This is the tea that I sleepily reached for in my cupboard this morning. Not a tea that I drink everyday, but a nice every once in awhile tea. I didn't really notice any peppermint in the tea,...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “Drank this tea the 5th time and I decide to up the rating a bit. I like this tea more and more - particularly the fact that it smells really sweet and enticing but the toffee flavour does not...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 305 tasting notes
  • “Quite a sweet tea, but the peppermint isn't overpowering for those who don't like a minty taste. The toffee has quite a warm note. Milk and sugar brings the toffee notes further to the front....” Read full tasting note
    GingerSafari 3 tasting notes

From Dilmah

Gourmet Ceylon tea in a delicious marriage with a creamy and rich English Toffee note, finishing with sparkling Peppermint. This unique combination yields a complex and sensual tea.

About Dilmah View company

Thank you Josie Jade for this sample.

Almost seen all of the songs in this years Eurovision and some of the entries have been…interesting…to say the least. Still it’s nice to see so many different cultures in such a short space of time. Voting time!!! GO FINLAND!!!

The tea pyramids are quite thick and clothy which makes it hard to see the quality of the leaves. I can smell them though and can note a toffee/butterscotch type scent but no peppermint. It’s not overly sweet either.

Once steeped this tea is dark brown in colour and has a slight sweet and minty aroma. The Ceylon is a strong earthy base with delicate touches of mint and sweet toffee. It’s not as strong as I was hoping..well the flavours aren’t anyway. It’s almost like an every day black tea until you get that touch of mint and a sweet finish.

Overall it’s nice but the flavours don’t stand out enough for my liking. My husband loves it though.

This is the tea that I sleepily reached for in my cupboard this morning. Not a tea that I drink everyday, but a nice every once in awhile tea. I didn’t really notice any peppermint in the tea, and the toffee flavor is really strong, almost a burnt toffee taste, but in a good way.

-Pyramid shaped teabag.
-Teabag smells of caramel/toffee and black tea. Tea liquor aroma is malty with a sweet rich toffee note.
-Tea liquor is a thick dark brown color.
-Almost burnt toffee flavor with a strong malty finish. Lingering toffee notes.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. No peppermint flavor noticeable. Creamy toffee cup when milk is added.

Drank this tea the 5th time and I decide to up the rating a bit. I like this tea more and more – particularly the fact that it smells really sweet and enticing but the toffee flavour does not overwhelm the original flavour of black tea. A perfect balance! :)

Quite a sweet tea, but the peppermint isn’t overpowering for those who don’t like a minty taste. The toffee has quite a warm note. Milk and sugar brings the toffee notes further to the front. Pretty happy overall.

I like to enjoy this unique tasted tea in the middle of breakfast and lunch time, while reading women’s magazine or just having chit chat with some friends.

I love mint tea, and the toffee flavour in this one is lovely!
It’s a little buttery, and it just works well overall.