Nepal Ilam Pathiwara

Astringent, Citrus, Floral, Herbs, Lemon Zest, Oak, Fruit Tree Flowers
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář

• “I was in Pardubice to pick up a suit… and my favourite Guria Likhauri. Of course, I had that stupid question asking “What’s new?” And the tea master answered. A First Flush, Nepal Ilam, delivered...” Read full tasting note

From Dobra Cajovna

On southern slopes of mighty Himalayas, just “over the hill” from Darjeeling diligent Nepalese plantators managed to bring a high-grown black tea to the tea world. Brown-green regular leaves with a high content of silver tips with floral aroma with full flavour, yet subtly astringent.

About Dobra Cajovna View company

And the tea master answered. A First Flush, Nepal Ilam, delivered this week to the tearoom. “It is great tea, similar to first flush Darjeelings, quite floral and long-time mellow astringency. You should try it, it’s quite delicate and other part of spectrum compared to the Georgian tea you wished for.” So yup, I bought 50 grams. This is well-done marketing. Again, I was able to take a sniff, but with mask on… well, I must say it’s very potent in aroma!

Storytime over. Now to my own experience.
It looks rather like a green tea, I guess it’s part of the very fresh tea; and smells heavenly. Florals, somehow herbal, woody (oak maybe?). I took two teaspoons (well, I don’t have any steeping parameters) and used boiling water. Three minutes long steep, and well, steeped, it smells again great. It is really similar to FF Darjeelings somehow, but more floral with citruses present. Taste is citrusy, like a lemon rind; with some florals again. Some backbone as astringency which is in all the sips with really long duration of taste; it is maybe 15 minutes since I have finished the cup and still notice it. It’s indeed delicate, not too strong, yet very present.

Hold on rating, becasue I need to try this tea a bit more!

Flavors: Astringent, Citrus, Floral, Herbs, Lemon Zest, Oak