Ceremonial Grade DoMatcha

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by mamo

From DoMatcha

DōMatcha™ Ceremonial grade matcha is brought to you directly from the Uji region in Japan. Only the finest leaves are selected to guarantee the highest nutritional value as well as a sweet and pleasant flavor. Can be used to make thick or thin Matcha. (Makes about 25 servings.)

About DoMatcha View company

At DōMatcha, we're passionate about bringing health and energy to your day through traditional Japanese matcha. We partner with the talented 16th generation tea master Kazunori Handa to offer premium, authentic matchas from Uji, Japan.

I haven’t had matcha in AGES, actually not since I partook in a tea ceremony last spring, and I bought this one on our trip and haven’t yet tried it. Until this morning :) my whisking skills are a bit less than great since it’s been so long, but I managed to make a fairly decent bowl of this in the morning. A bit bitter at first, but that is mostly my tastebuds not having had matcha for a long time, let alone unflavored. This is actually my first unflavored I have made at home too!

Anyways, it was quite savory with a rich mouthfeel, and nice grass/spinach flavor. Next time I will use a little less matcha to avoid the small bit that collected at the end of the bowl. It also made me feel excellent and happy this morning. I need to drink this more often again!

Please keep things friendly and .

Trying to power through this matcha before I start the Kaimatcha for comparison. Having this made the “traditional” way: two chasaku scoops sifted into a chawan. Added some 175F water to form a paste. Added another 6oz of water and whisked with the chasen.

Not bitter, but has this tongue-coating quality that emphasizes the seaweed-vegetal aspects. Bit of astringency at the end of the sip. As I get to the bottom of the bowl and it’s cooled down that’s when it gets thicker/creamier and a hint of sweetness.

I still prefer the taste of it as a latte, but I enjoy the preparation that goes into the traditional style.

over priced!

Please keep things friendly and .

I love this tea~ I have been drinking DoMatcha once to twice daily now for two years. I believe in it’s benefits as I have Rheumatoid Athritis and use to have a very high cholesterol and triglycerides. After drinking this tea (the only thing different was also Reichi mushrooms) my TG count fell from over 400 to 157!!
It tastes earthy and lovely just by itself. I love the whisking of it….it truly is a wonderful tea!!
Mamo