Scrooge's Blend

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by The DJBooth

• “I liked this tea enough to snag another tin. Drinking it again I can definitely pick out the Pu-Erh. I'm starting to pick up the flavors of the Ancient Tea Tree as well. I think my palate is...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 345 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *The DJBooth* for swapping this with me! When I first looked at the dry leaves, I couldn't tell what it was. Was it oolong? black? pu-erh? The leaves were wavy and dark brown/black. ...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes

From Dr. Tea's Tea Garden

The rich taste of Ancient Pu Erh delicately blended w/ Black Tea Tree.

About Dr. Tea's Tea Garden View company

I liked this tea enough to snag another tin. Drinking it again I can definitely pick out the Pu-Erh. I’m starting to pick up the flavors of the Ancient Tea Tree as well. I think my palate is getting to the point where I can pick out the different regions much like some coffee drinkers, and wine drinkers do to my understanding….nerdy excitement there. I can taste the Yunnan black notes from the tea tree. Mixed with the Pu-Erh this is quite a good tea. It has the strength of a black tea but it’s not too bitter. Upping this one a bit.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-9T9tR0Rzg One of my favorite Scrooge clips :)

teawing

Big Scrooge fan here too…any version or adaptation!

Thank you The DJBooth for swapping this with me!

When I first looked at the dry leaves, I couldn’t tell what it was. Was it oolong? black? pu-erh? The leaves were wavy and dark brown/black. I couldn’t smell anything… perhaps my nose wasn’t working this morning ?? Anyhow, I wasn’t sure how to brew it up either, so I steeped it for 2 minutes Western style.

Upon sniffing the murky dark brown/black liquor, I knew there was Pu Erh in there! It was earthy, sweet, malty, and roasty. It was a dark tea! Delicious! I took a sip, and there was no bitterness! I was happy. This is a good tea. I read the description after and saw that it is a blended tea. I don’t know which Black Tea this is mixed with, but it is good. There was a tiny hint of smokiness. I added some sugar and milk just to try it out that way, and it was delicious! Lovely tea.

The DJBooth

Glad you like it. The other black is ancient tea tree.