An Xi Mao Xie Hairy Crab

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jasonowalker

From Dragon Tea House

Name: An Xi Mao Xie Hairy Crab
Origin: Western Anxi Highland, Fujian Province, China
Vintage: 2010

About Dragon Tea House View company

After a couple of days of aclimatizing I started another session with this tea and the change is astounding. Now its more flowery on the nose, more buttery in the mouth with a nice sweet huigan as a perfect finish. Now its a lot less vegetal and more balanced. Brewing conditions are similar to the last one but I used less leaf and perhaps slightly cooler water.

teaddict

I’ve just thought of air as the enemy of the light floral green oolongs like this one, but you’re saying it improved between sessions. How did you let it acclimate? or do you think it might have just been the luck of the brewing?

argus

I think it suffered from the trip from china and I brewed it as soon as I got it. I kept it in my usual airtight tins so no air involved in the process. Also, after brewing it this weekend I think the main problem in my first session was in leaf quantity, more precisely, too much leaf that didn’t let the tea breathe in the gaiwan

Score of 84. 2nd steep is stronger, with a starchy sweet aftertaste. Review #272 on Walker Tea Review