Flowering Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by oOTeaOo
205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

• “This is very nice. I steeped this for 6 full minutes, and the blossom had not fully unfurled, but the flavor was very pleasant. Sweet, jasmine-y floral, with a hint of nutty flavor in the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “Ok wow... I dug through my cupboard and found a TON of flowering teas! This being one of them. I was undecided between Teavana's strawberry misaki or Dragon Tea House's Love Game. Ultimately I...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1585 tasting notes

From Dragon Tea House

Love Game
Chinese Jasmine Flowering Tea Ball
Fujian Province, China

A delicate flower blooms inside this ball tea just before tiny flowers slowly cascade upward like Champagne bubbles. The flowers add their enlivening fragrance and strong taste to this delectably smooth green tea. Our Ball offers one of the most artful spectacles in tea. This blooming tea has an original shape of an tiny ball and when put in boiling water a bouquet of tea leaves and flower. The aromas of both flowers and tea leaves are very well preserved and these exceptional teas develop a wonderful flavor and create at the same time a beautiful “table decoration”.

Once dropped into a glass of hot water, this ball tea unveils a broad flower followed by the sudden eruption of a flower plume, which is actually flowers sewn together end to end. The golden liquor yields a full-bodied flavor intensified by the large medicinal bloom. Let the the blooming tea brew for at least 10 minutes, a longer brewing time will not spoil the tea, on the contrary, the flavour will rather improve. One piece of blooming tea can be used twice with approximately 5 to 6 dl water each time.

100% natural, no additives.

Chinese Artistic Teas, which are also called Blooming Teas, Artificial Teas or Artistic Teas, are all made by hand with the most complicated technology. It is a newly-innovated special green tea, which features unique appearance, splendid infusion view, lingering flower scent mixed with tea flavor and various health benefits such as delaying the ageing of cells, whitening the skins, improving immunity, etc. The tea is made of the highest grade special green tea of fresh spring crops and natural herbal flowers.

About Dragon Tea House View company

This is very nice. I steeped this for 6 full minutes, and the blossom had not fully unfurled, but the flavor was very pleasant. Sweet, jasmine-y floral, with a hint of nutty flavor in the background. The mouthfeel is very soft and silky.

My second infusion was ten minutes, although it didn’t really need the 10 minutes to open fully (it only took another 90 seconds) but, I wanted to get full flavor from the second cup, and the 10 minutes delivered that. I think this second infusion was even tastier than the first. It focuses more on the nutty flavors that I tasted only hints of in the first infusion, with the jasmine notes somewhat softer. There are hints of a grassy-earthy flavor here too, but ever so subtle.

Very nice!

Ok wow… I dug through my cupboard and found a TON of flowering teas! This being one of them. I was undecided between Teavana’s strawberry misaki or Dragon Tea House’s Love Game. Ultimately I chose Love Game. This is a very pretty flower. I think I brewed this too long because it was fairly astringent. However, I wanted to see the whole flower bloom and unfurl. I love watching it slowly take shape from a small 1 inch ball with tied 1/3 up to this beautiful array. There is something peaceful about it. I think I could have gotten away with 2 steeps or more since I only had a little 4 oz pot. This is a really delicate flower. It is a nice green tea with beautiful flowers!

Emily M

I feel like most of the flowering teas aren’t out of this world in the taste department, from reviews I’ve read. I wonder if there is a way to get the best of both worlds; beautiful and super tastey? I have yet to try one, but they look gorgeous!

oOTeaOo

I think its because most are not flavored teas. Some are green jasmine teas. You would definitely need to make multiple steepings of it before it fully blooms. It can become bitter if you leave it in until it blooms fully. (Like what I did >_<). If you want I can send you a few different ones! Would you like to swap with me? L

Emily M

I actually broke down last night and ordered some from Teavivre, but thanks for the offer! And thanks for the tip about multiple steepings!