Ba Xian, 8 Immortal Saints

From Drink Your Tea

Varietal: Dan Cong
Origin: Phoenix Mt., Guangdong
Harvest: 2011
Taste:
Aroma: Floral qualities imitating the local terroir
Leaf: 40-60% Oxidized wholes leaf
Notes: Due to varietal’s strong cell structure this tea will last up to 3 years if properly stored. Dan Cong Varietal’s are known as the doppelgangers of the tea world imitating local plants and fauna of the area. Personally, I like to make this tea Gung Fu Style with really fast steeps and a lot of tea (I’ll add like 8 grams of tea and steep for 2-10 seconds). This allows the tea bloom differently at each infusion showing more subtle characteristics that couldn’t be tasted otherwise. Dan Cong tea’s are my all time favorite teas because of their unusual complexity and taste. I like to call this tea “8 drunken saints”, because I can drink it all day long!

About Drink Your Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Steeped this western style with maybe 1tsp leaves, 4 minutes in 16oz boiling water.

I’ve been using my newleaf tea set a lot – love a BIG cup of tea. I had been using the bodum tea-for-one but it took forever for black teas to be cool enough to drink and I didn’t like the plastic infuser. I love how this one is glass and metal – no flavor changes from the materials, which I MIGHT have noticed on the bodum one, not sure. You can check out the newleaf set here: http://whisperingpinestea.com/newleafset.html as well as a ton of different teaware in the ‘forlife teaware’ section of the accessories tab.

The tea! It’s pretty delicious, it has the woody-sweet taste I love in dan cong oolongs and also a flavorful body for how light it is. Lightly floral qualities and a hint of smoke perhaps. Very mildly astringent – but it makes me want to keep drinking it all day.

Will be trying in the gaiwan later today.

Have a good morning, all! :)