Brown Rice Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Suzi

• “It tastes like ass. That's my initial reaction here. I mean, I'm not expecting greatness here. This is from the same company that brings you "Chinese Restaurant Tea," a delightful name for a...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 121 tasting notes
  • “Brought this home from Jungle Jim's International Market in Hamilton, Ohio. It is a regional mecca for foodies in my region, and many treasures were purchased that are not easily available in my...” Read full tasting note
    Andriel 55 tasting notes
  • “Not such a bad tea in my opinion...incredibly cheap and has more of the "popcorn" flavor than a loose leaf Genmaicha that I bought....it's good to have on hand at work when I don't have steeping...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 349 tasting notes

From Dynasty

“Green tea and roasted brown rice.”

About Dynasty View company

It tastes like ass.
That’s my initial reaction here.

I mean, I’m not expecting greatness here. This is from the same company that brings you “Chinese Restaurant Tea,” a delightful name for a blend that is pretty decent, actually. But this tastes pretty bad. Very grassy, but not in a good way. This is like the scraps of grass that get blown on the sidewalk by the mower and get trodden on by people until they’re blobby little green smudges on the concrete. Also left out in the sun too long. Yucky and slightly rotten.

I’ve had genmai cha tea before, and it tasted OK, but in this incarnation it’s pretty nasty. This is a teabag, FYI. It was pretty cheap. And it turns out that there’s a reason for that.

GROSS!

Cofftea

Oh my gosh, that reminded me of “it tastes like butt” from my childhood. Which is funny cuz I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s from, what we were talking about, or where we were LOL.

teafiend

As all kids eventually learn to say after “it taste like butt”, why do you know what butt taste like?

Cofftea

The only explination I can give is ya know how sometimes a smell is so strong you can taste it…?

Suzi

I think we can all imagine what butt tastes like, just as all children inherently that vegetables taste like pure evil. :-p It’s just the embodiment of gross!

LutherC

I have to try this tea. I’m going to keep my eye out for it. Although it will be nasty, it seems like an experience that everyone should try at least once.

Brought this home from Jungle Jim’s International Market in Hamilton, Ohio. It is a regional mecca for foodies in my region, and many treasures were purchased that are not easily available in my hometown (mainly Asian ingredients, this trip.)

My favorite sushi bar served up this toasty tea which I like very much, and I have demonstrated great lack of restraint by tearing into it upon ariving home. It is not fancy, just satisfying in a homey kind of way.

Boiling 8 min or more

Not such a bad tea in my opinion…incredibly cheap and has more of the “popcorn” flavor than a loose leaf Genmaicha that I bought….it’s good to have on hand at work when I don’t have steeping devices