Coco Chai Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Thank you *MissB* for sending me this sample. I'm not sure what I think. Weird, I think this is fruity spicy. Ingredients don't suggest that, but that's what I'm getting. No "coco", some...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 581 tasting notes
  • “Okay. It's cooled down now to room temperature, and there's a bit more bite to it in this second mug. I added sweetener in the hopes of remedying this sip, and... well I guess it's okay. I taste...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 940 tasting notes
  • “I found this at 3.99$ CAD at my local Winners. I had to try it. But once I opened the sealed bag, I was not in love with the smell. I tried it plain and hot and it was okay. But not something that...” Read full tasting note
    LaCherie 2 tasting notes

From Earth Teaze

50g / 1.76oz Loose Tea in a Tin

Ingredients: Rooibos, Coconut, Cinnamon, Ginger Root, Cardamom, Red Pepper, Cloves, Pink Peppercorns, flavouring

About Earth Teaze View company

Thank you MissB for sending me this sample.
I’m not sure what I think. Weird, I think this is fruity spicy. Ingredients don’t suggest that, but that’s what I’m getting. No “coco”, some rooibos, a bit of spice, and some fruit. That’s what I think.
This really doesn’t taste that bad, I’ve drank what MissB sent to me – don’t think I would buy more – but not bad other than it doesn’t agree with the name.
Thanks MissB.

yyz

I found that with the teas of theirs I tried to, a cherry white with no cherry and a butter rum which tasted of strawberry with hints of raw home brewed rum.

Dexter3657

LOL I need to stop complaining about tea names, but when you expect chocolate chai rooibos, and get fruit spice – it’s disappointing regardless if it’s good or not. If their other blends are like that too, then I think I’ll just pass.
Love swapping so you learn this stuff – and helpful comments. :))

MissB

Yep, it was definitely an odd one for me as well. That’s what I get for $3.99 tea at Winners, next to the Fauchon. ;)

Okay. It’s cooled down now to room temperature, and there’s a bit more bite to it in this second mug. I added sweetener in the hopes of remedying this sip, and… well I guess it’s okay. I taste orange for some reason now, and still the dry bite at the back of my throat. I’m okay with that dry bite, just as long as there’s a flavor in there, and it’s only a whiff of cardamom. It easily could be in my dream-like sicko phlegmy state.

I’ve upped my rating a bit, because it is a bit better than before. Next time I try this, it’ll have to be with a longer steep.

I found this at 3.99$ CAD at my local Winners. I had to try it. But once I opened the sealed bag, I was not in love with the smell. I tried it plain and hot and it was okay. But not something that I will buy again. The name is very misleading. To me, it doesn’t taste like a Chaï. It taste more like a fruity and lightly spiced Rooibos. But I was not ready to give up so fast on this tea. So, the second time, I used 3 times the amount of tea, put 2 cinnamon sticks inside the mug (16 ounces) and added some hot unsweetened almond milk. It was definitely better that way. Still not my favorite. But I enjoyed it as a ‘’Cinnamon Latte’’