Edit tea info Last updated by Sara

• “I keep giving bad reviews lately and I'm not sure if it is because my job is utter shite and my home life stinks or if I'm just picking the wrong teas. I blame the tea this time. I wanted so...” Read full tasting note
    anyanka 58 tasting notes
  • “I'm so excited to drink a local tea! I was pleasantly surprised this morning with drinking this. Subtle hints of vanilla and cherry makes this black tea enjoyable to drink. I steeped it for 5...” Read full tasting note
    meeky 18 tasting notes

From Eastern Shore Tea Company

In honor of St. Valentine, we’ve created a richly fragrant tea. Cherry, vanilla, and almond. Flavored black tea. Contains caffeine. 20 Foil wrapped tea bags in our classic white ribbon bag.

About Eastern Shore Tea Company View company

I keep giving bad reviews lately and I’m not sure if it is because my job is utter shite and my home life stinks or if I’m just picking the wrong teas.

I blame the tea this time. I wanted so much to like this one. It’s local, it’s adorably packaged, it’s three of my favorite flavorings all rolled into one. And it doesn’t really taste like any of them. The tea comes in individual foil bags, which keeps it fresh. Tearing one open releases the unmistakable smell of…bazooka joe bubble gum. What.

It brews a weak reddish tea. The bag is tiny so no surprise the tea is weak- it would take a few for a hefty mug. The tea is kind of innocuously artificial tasting. If this tea were a person, it would be someone who tries to please everyone by being sweet and inoffensive and agreeable, but ends up alone and wondering why. Without milk or sugar, it is a weak scented black. With it, it gets better, more desserty and reminiscent of watery hot cocoa, but still nothing like the flavors it purports to have.

I tried this more than once to see if it was my admittedly wretched mood. I wanted to love this tea and love this company and have more bagged options at work. But, no.

Bonnie

I took a look at your ratings and it seems that you’re not all that thrilled with Upton or bagged tea’s. Maybe you just need a change.Try a swap with someone or a company that people like a lot. There are lists of favorites in the discussion boards. If you want natural flavor, Butiki Tea is very good and the service is great with added free samples. Hope I’m not butting in.

Anyanka

Not butting in at all, I love recommendations and if I didn’t welcome comments I wouldn’t post tasting notes! I think I’m just too particular. I got 8 teas from Adagio and liked 3, I’ve tried 10 from Upton and liked 3. I have a ridiculous sense of smell and I can often taste every nuance of a dish- so it follows that I’d be picky about tea.

I like Upton’s sample availability and variety and I bring bags to work for convenience. But you are correct, I am planning to try another retailer for my next order once I’ve gotten through some of the teas I already have and finished the rest of my samples.

Thanks!

Bonnie

I’m sensitive also which is one reason that I’ve cut out artificially flavored tea and only drink naturally flavored. (One reason that I suggested Butiki Tea or Verdant or vendors like them.)

Kelly Peeples

I have tried some divine blends from Adagio, but some of their flavored teas do taste kind of comical. My newest discovery is Harney & Sons, whose flavors are nuanced and intriguing (and excellent).

Anyanka

Thanks, I’ll try them the next time I’m in NYC. I can’t order anything until I drink some of this vat of leaves I’ve accumulated!

I’m so excited to drink a local tea! I was pleasantly surprised this morning with drinking this. Subtle hints of vanilla and cherry makes this black tea enjoyable to drink. I steeped it for 5 minutes and it wasn’t bitter so I’m thinking if you left the bad in it won’t turn bitter. I’m glad I picked this up.