Oolong Tea
Corn Husk, Flowers, Orange Zest, Peach, Pine
Edit tea info Last updated by Des

• “I've really enjoyed this one today at work. I think oolong is my new thing. I've been drinking an awful lot of oolong lately. This one is really nice. Slightly sweet, slightly fruity, really...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 385 tasting notes
  • “There are so many aromas from this tea that it is difficult to pick them out. I am getting floral notes, peach, resin, corn, and even what I can only describe as butter. Despite the complex layers...” Read full tasting note
    jbpowell78 61 tasting notes
  • “This is the second tea I've tried from my recent Steepster Select box. My first few sips, I felt taste-blind, couldn't really pick anything out. It does have a slightly pine smell to it. After...” Read full tasting note
    nanenj 30 tasting notes
  • “There are many steeps from this tea. I'm probably on the 5th or 6th steep now which is on the down side from its prime steep. It started off light and mild and increased to a filling flavor yet...” Read full tasting note
    dessiree 56 tasting notes

From Eco-Cha Artisan Teas

Grown at 1600m, this high mountain oolong is oxidized longer than most, imparting a rich, heady aroma and deeper flavor profile. Ideal weather during harvest adds a pear-like fruitiness and a pine aroma.

About Eco-Cha Artisan Teas View company

I’ve really enjoyed this one today at work. I think oolong is my new thing. I’ve been drinking an awful lot of oolong lately. This one is really nice. Slightly sweet, slightly fruity, really smooth. Resteeps well. It’s kept me company through multiple mugs during a crazy frustrating day at the office. I don’t get piney from this one, like the description says, but I am really enjoying it. I’m debating on ordering more right now, or if I need to hold off as I have way way way too much tea on its way. This one will probably wait for a while, but Eco-Cha, you are on my list.

Marzipan

You can do oolongs western style?

Cheri

Yep. I do a lot of them western style in a mug. As I’ve started drinking more oolongs, I’ve been wishing I had a smaller mug at work. That way, I could drink multiple infusions without drinking the same tea all all all day long.

Marzipan

I might have to try that, I have avoided oolongs because I thought they had to be done in a gaiwan, and that’s really inconvenient for me while I work.

Cheri

Most of the Oolongs I’ve had actually have western directions and not gongfu directions on them.

apt

why not try doing gong fu and western combination? small amts of water and short steeps. works out pretty well for me, though I have a gaiwan coming in soon…

There are so many aromas from this tea that it is difficult to pick them out. I am getting floral notes, peach, resin, corn, and even what I can only describe as butter. Despite the complex layers of aroma it is a very pleasant smelling tea. The floral and peach carry over into the flavor of the tea as well. It is amazing to have a tea this complex, but not be overwhelmed by it. In addition to the fruit and peach, there is a slight citrus, almost grapefruit, towards the end which keeps the tea from getting too sweet. I will be buying more of this tea as one cup is not enough to fully explore it.

Flavors: Corn Husk, Flowers, Orange Zest, Peach, Pine

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

This is the second tea I’ve tried from my recent Steepster Select box.

My first few sips, I felt taste-blind, couldn’t really pick anything out. It does have a slightly pine smell to it. After letting it cool a few moments and sipping again, there is a slight sweetness or fruity quality to it. The description on the card says ‘pear-like fruitiness’.

It’s a very nice oolong, but, perhaps my tastes just swing differently as I’m a teensy bit underwhelmed by it.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

There are many steeps from this tea. I’m probably on the 5th or 6th steep now which is on the down side from its prime steep. It started off light and mild and increased to a filling flavor yet still keeping its lightness. Now off the cliff side it’s coming back around to the lightness yet still keeping the aromas but not as full a flavor. This tea came from the steepster select box from jan. 2014. A very yummy oolong that can be drunk in large quantities throughout the morning. It’s not too strong and it keeps up with the promises of fruit and pine qualities.