Edit tea info Last updated by Teawench

From Edinburgh Tea and Coffee Company

There is nothing quite like seeing the highlands when the heather is in full blossom. As well as being beautiful it’s also delicate and sweet to taste when brewed. A rich and malty Assam tea works well with this sweetness, and a dash of the best African tea lifts the whole blend to make a smooth and perfectly balanced cup of tea with a long sweet aftertaste.

About Edinburgh Tea and Coffee Company View company

My aunt gave me a bag of this after her trip to the UK. It has an aroma that I can’t quite place but it’s an interesting/good smell. Maybe malty? It has a very light floral taste that you can easily miss. It’s also pretty harsh tasting. Sugar & milk do nothing to help this tea.

This is very rich-tasting tea, but easy to ruin by over-steeping, in which case it becomes very bitter.

With milk, this is one of my favourite teas. It is light and floral, rather than being bitter or overpowering, like some black teas.

Very light and soft. I added honey but wouldn’t again as I think due to the lightness it has to stand alone to be enjoyed.

It’s okay. The first brew needs sugar and milk. The second brew is okay without sugar or milk. It was quite expensive for just teabags. I would be interested in trying the looseleaf version.