Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie
13 oz / 375 ml

From Edinburgh Tea and Coffee Company

A very different cup of tea made from Chinese leaf tea marinated in a Scottish malt whisky flavour.

About Edinburgh Tea and Coffee Company View company

2075 tasting notes

I can’t believe this one wasn’t already listed here, especially since I have received it in two separate swaps from different people.

I didn’t expect to like it, mostly because I gave some of the bags to a friend who didn’t seem wild about it. I have to admit it is better than I thought it would be, but I am not a whisky drinker so perhaps I am easier to please. The tea base is light, barely astringent, and not really anything to write home about. The whisky aroma is sweet and it almost smells as if a piece of candy was melted in the cup of hot tea. Is real whisky sweet like that? The whisky aspect seems to be all in the aroma rather than the taste, because I don’t feel like I am tasting much other than tea. I am drinking this without additions but I can see that some might really enjoy it with sugar and/or milk. I wouldn’t go out and buy this, but if it was the only thing available in a sandwich shop, I would drink it.

1 teabag used

Smooth and not too bitter.

13 OZ / 375 ML

well, this might be something i need to try!

Setting on aside for you in your samples package!! :) Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to try in my cupboard!

thanks! no pu….I have too much livestock to get past the barn floor thing….I’m bringing a few over for you…dang luggage requirements are killing me! Anything mandatory in my cupboard for you?? I’ll look in yours now…

I´m surprised to seee that this tea already not listed here. I find it by my last visit in Edinburgh and i love it. The tea is light and has a balmy whisky aroma.

Think I like the idea of this tea more than the flavour. The aroma is light, which I think the tea was but I was expecting a fuller whiskey taste…good excuse for a wee dram after your tea.

This is a weird tea.. It’s not bad, but it doesn’t taste like tea to me. You get a hint of whiskey when you first sip it and luckily there isn’t a whiskey after taste. I would highly recommend it to all the tea lovers that are recovered alcoholics!