Kenya - White Handrolled

White Tea
Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by KiwiDelight

From Educational TTB 2

Product description not available yet.

About Educational TTB 2 View company

There was only enough left in the box for one serving of this, and I took it. I’m greedy on occasion. Sorry.

This tea is really different than any white I’ve ever had. It’s much more like a darjeeling black to me than a white. It’s the white tea for the black tea drinker.

It’s much closer to malty, less delicate than most whites are. It didn’t have that effervescence that a lot of whites have. It was pretty complex, which is one of the things I like about whites.

Stacy did tell me this was her White Rhino tea. I see that reading the description after the fact (all I looked at was recommended brewing directions) that this is indeed described as the white for black tea lovers. I guess I got something right.

Slightly fruity aroma. Tastes slightly sweet. Good fruity taste and finish. I wish I could be more specific. It made me think of apples and pears, but tasted like neither. The more I drank this the more I liked it. I wish there were more.

Thanks to Stacy at Butiki Tea for putting this box together

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

Kenyan whites are really different! I like them. Malty and somewhat lemony. Savory yet sweet. Something about it reminds me of a mild darjeeling. Good stuff :)

Wow, that seems really unexpected for a white tea. Sounds interestingly delicious!

Butiki does sell a really good Kenyan White- White Rhino! it is really good

From the Butiki TTB2.

Thought a white tea from Kenya would interesting to try. I don’t drink white tea often enough. The dry leaf is pretty – slightly twisted, hairy, many leaves golden amongst a few dark brown – and has the aroma of lemons. The liquor is pale, light in flavor, medium-bodied, and sweet.

I used a half a teaspoon (wish I could somehow input that). No rating because of my inexperience, but I do think it tastes alright.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

160 °F / 71 °C 2 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

I am bothered by the 1/2 measures as well. The majority of my cups have 1.5 tsp.