White Mint

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Element Tea

If you love mint, then you’ll love this tea! With a combination of peppermint AND spearmint, your taste buds will experience a mint extravaganza. This tea is wonderful iced, too!

Brew Time: 2 – 3 minutes
Ingredients: Bai Mu Dan White Tea, Peppermint, Spearmint

About Element Tea View company

This is a sample from Anny Oxidant & the Tea Bullie. Thanks for the generous sample!

This reminds me of a moroccan mint except they used a white tea instead of a gunpowder. Maybe not all moroccan mints use gunpowder but that’s been the base for it on those that I’ve tried. The mint is very subtle here though. This is probably a good thing since white teas are a bit coy. The white tea has met all my expectations as far as taste. Pretty well done tea for using a more subtle ingredient with two powerhouses. I dearly love mint but it’s rather pushy most of the time.

Thanks for the chance to try it Anny Oxidant & the Tea Bullie.

A big thank you for the sample from Anny Oxident!

This one steeped to a nice pale yellow. The flavor to me is mostly that of a bai mu dan white tea, with that drier, peppery flavor to it. It also has a lemongrass taste to me, which I find a little strange. Missy is saying she tastes the mint, and it’s probably that I’m too used to mint that’s very BAM mint. Which is sad… because a white Moroccan mint sounds awesome.

Maybe I’ll have to make one of those.

Excellent! I really like this blend. It is not overwhelmingly minty. I expected the mint to overpower the white tea, but it has not. It is a pleasant balance.

I recommend steeping this one for at least five minutes. It’s very forgiving, and I don’t think that 2 – 3 minutes allows for enough flavor extraction.

I am a mint tea drinker and at times it is too minty or medicine like or to be crass (mouthwash like). So when you say “2-3 minutes does not allow for enough flavor extraction” is the mint too overpowering or hardly noticeable?

How to explain: I drink always plain tea with nothing in them; I mean nothing added; so when I try something other than Green tea with flavoring already added in like mint extract or leaf, it tends to hit me right away; over powering in fact and I have to dilute the brew to calm it almost; and my reflexes of the tea…eventually it adheres to me and I to it.

I guess I am at fault for the assault flavored tea has on me since I have only known plainly tea, green mostly in tea bags; a connoisseur would not consider me a true tea drinker. Yet in fact, tea is the only elixir that can quench this drinker’s thirst.

The mint isn’t overpowering after five minutes. Not at all. After 2 – 3 minutes, there really isn’t much flavor at all. Not with the mint and not with the white tea. There is some… but, not very much. Of course, I steep my white teas at just 160 degrees F. I don’t know if it would be different if the temperature were higher.

Awesome! Nicely done mint flavored white…not too over the top with the mint but very soothing and satisfying! A very good one! Very refreshing, very relaxing! Would enjoy often! :)

Tasty both hot and cold!

Believe it or not, I have never thought to combine white tea and mint! That’s curious … I will try:)