Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by K S

• “Tea of the afternoon. I have no idea what emperor’s pride leaf is but it makes for a good cup of tea. This smells so good just sitting on the desk. Of course sipping it isn’t so bad either....” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1162 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had this tea in a long time, which is a shame because it is so delicious. It's rare that you get a flavored green tea with this much character. A little spiced, a little cookie-ish, a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1855 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the afternoon...... And courtesy of *KS*! (Thank you! I have been waiting to try this for a time when I no longer had a cold! It has taken a little longer than I would have liked to be on...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “This is a gift from K S. Thank you! The aroma of the dry leaf was a nice bergamot and....pepper! What? Then I steeped it and sniffed. Bergamot and....pepper? Hmmm, that is what i thought...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes

From Empire Tea Services

Earl Green tea with Bergamot. Large leaf & bud lightly rolled. Multiple infusions.

About Empire Tea Services View company

Tea of the afternoon. I have no idea what emperor’s pride leaf is but it makes for a good cup of tea. This smells so good just sitting on the desk. Of course sipping it isn’t so bad either. Drinking on this one all afternoon.

SimplyJenW

I had to look up the tea base on this….they say it is a pouchong in the description.

K S

Not sure where I came up with EP. I thought pouchong was an oolong?

ashmanra

This one was sooooo yummy!

SimplyJenW

Pouchong is kind of a hybrid between a green and an oolong….at least the way I read it in my oh so short research and experience! Maybe the EP is from the label. EP could be a Pouchong, and they do sell EP unflavored, too.

kOmpir

Isn’t Pouchong term for low tea leaf oxidation (i.e. Pouchong Wangjia Oolong)?

I haven’t had this tea in a long time, which is a shame because it is so delicious. It’s rare that you get a flavored green tea with this much character. A little spiced, a little cookie-ish, a little buttery, and those flavors pair so well with the bright, citrusy bergamot. I was having a hard time trying to decide on a tea to drink this morning (nothing too fruity, nothing too floral, nothing too nutty… I really wanted a spiced tea, but I don’t really keep those around!), but this totally hits the spot.

Azzrian

Woah the way you describe it is nothing like I would have thought this one to be! Sounds really great!

Dinosara

Yeah it’s a different beast than most other greens. It is fantastic!

Azzrian

It went on my shopping list :)

K S

Wow, you described this much better than I did.

Tea of the afternoon……
And courtesy of KS! (Thank you! I have been waiting to try this for a time when I no longer had a cold! It has taken a little longer than I would have liked to be on the mend, but I am mostly back to normal!)

This is really good. My first green Earl Grey. I really think the bergamot goes better with a green tea base than it does a black. And the bergamot in this one is the bright kind….so rather strong, but it works! This is great hot, but I think it would be very good iced in the summer. So refreshing. And so missing summer right about now…. I think I need some of this! Thanks again for the sample!

K S

Glad you enjoyed it. I drink it room temp all the time. Not quite iced but it is really good that way. BTW, I have the head pounding body aching cold now. Not fun.

SimplyJenW

Oh yuck, I hope you are feeling better, soon!

This is a gift from K S. Thank you!

The aroma of the dry leaf was a nice bergamot and….pepper! What? Then I steeped it and sniffed. Bergamot and….pepper? Hmmm, that is what i thought about Imperial Earl Grey from Harney, so it must be a characteristic of some bergamot.

This is a nice green, not super smooth and mellow like a DragonWell, but not biting like some greens. This has good body and lots of character. It carries weight. I can see why KS says he sometimes drinks only this for days at a time. There is a sort of spicy/peppery quality to it, like in a really good chai, but different…lighter. I am having a hard time describing it, as you can see! The bergamot is not too strong and not perfumey, just a nice citrus/floral/spice note.

Lots of greens I sip with food so the pairing makes them more palatable to me. A few I really look forward to, and drink them with abandon. I can tell you I am guzzling this mug of tea!

Thank you, KS and Mrs. KS for the tea and the card!

K S

Pepper? I have never noticed that note. I don’t know, could it have just picked it up during its one week journey in the little plastic bag? Hmmm. I will have to try and catch it next time I steep this one. When I bought this, the salesman told me most people thought it was too strongly flavored, and it was, for a few weeks after they blended it. I mixed it with their Ti Kwan Yin for a few weeks until I realized how good the Ti Kwan Yin was all by itself. In fact it is the only tea I have tried, so far, that I liked better than the Teavivre version.

Oh, and my wife is now on a card making frenzy trying to learn to make them as pretty as yours. Thanks a lot… I guess. ha! ;^)

ashmanra

LOL! I will have to send you more tea so I can send her more cards! :)