English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by shotwell

From English Garden

A bright, full strength traditional African tea. It is Fairtrade Certified and guarantees a great cup of tea anytime of the day, whilst ensuring that the tea planters and pickers have been properly rewarded for their efforts. Our special display carton makes it ideal for café’s, restaurants and hotels. 100’s tagged only Fairtrade teabags 10 cartons per case. Box of 100 tea bags, each packaged with tag and string attached. Quality tea at its finest. £5.40.

About English Garden View company

This was the first cup of tea I had when I first visited England in 2011. It was the tea available in my hotel room service when I checked in at the Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt in South Kensington. I didn’t expect much, given that it was available in the room next to a little electric tea kettle. It is not terrible — let’s say that. Far better than the Bigelow tea you find in the hotel room service at Hilton hotels these days. It stands up decently to milk and sugar, and is just a little tannic. However, unlike Bigelow teas, the pouch this comes in with the tagged tea is basically open to the elements rather than sealed, so I have a feeling that even though I brought some back with me and have kept it sealed in a Ziploc bag, it won’t retain its freshness or flavor for long. Made a cup again today with one of the bags I brought home — I am developing quite a collection of odds and ends — and thought it tasted about the same as it did when I had it in London. Maybe a bit less vibrant. So would I buy this if it were available at a local grocery store? Maybe, if all they had available besides this were Bigelow or Stash teas.

This is one of the teas that MissB has sent back for us to try. For a bagged tea, it’s surprisingly good! It’s not as strong as other breakfast teas that I’ve had, but it does have enough of a kick to wake me up. I’m also getting notes of something underneath the tannic black – maybe fruit? But I’m enjoying it as I prepare to duel with FedEx. TODAY I WILL GET MY PACKAGE. (I got to the office at 9:30 yesterday and apparnetly the driver was here at 9:02 trying to drop off this wig we urgently need for a body that’s playing tomorrow. 9:02!!! That’s way to freakin’ early, FedEx.) So I got here at 8:15 because the commute was worked out completely in my favour and now I’m just sorta goofing around while I wait.

Thank you!

sometimes your life makes me laugh…

Oh! This was the tea offered in the 1120 euro/night room in Dublin…

How about all my awful typos? /0\ I should not be online unsupervised sometimes, especially before my 2nd cup of tea. :P

BTWWIG WAS DELIVERED. At 10:30. So I totally could have slept in instead of getting up at 6:30am. C’est la vie? (Oh and it wasn’t exactly the right colour either so I hid and read the snarky version of 50 Shades of Gray bc it’s awful and hilarious and as close to the real deal as I wanna get and I needed a distraction from feeling like I messed up, when it wasn’t necessarily my fault anyway. (http://www.snarksquad.com/category/books-2/fifty-shades/fifty-shades-of-grey)

Sometimes I feel like the snarky version is still too close! :P

Yes. Yeah, I totally get that. At least the snarky one hides the horrible with laughter, and I can only hope that maybe ppl who liked the book see some of it and rethink any misconceptions they might have? :P But that’s not likely.