Lover's Leap Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

From English Tea Store

Product description not available yet.

About English Tea Store View company

Thanks Azzrian! Another tea from your generous package! (Also, I had some of the chocolates today and they were DELICIOUS. I’ve never had those before and I’ll be looking for them in the future!)

The name of this one seems odd to me.. like a suicidal pact or something. Yikes! I thought I’d save it for Valentine’s Day, but I already said some other tea would be perfect for that, I just can’t remember which tea… I am surprised this one is called a darjeeling. It really doesn’t have that darjeeling flavor that is my idea of a darjeeling. The steep color looks like a bright red rooibos! The flavor has TINY hints of something sweet like marshmallow, cherry, malty, and chocolately at the end of the sip. Otherwise, it’s a nice medium bodied black flavor with a bit of that black tea kick. So I guess it could be Valentine’s Day tea! I love this one!

Ahaha, I totally agree about the name! I’ve thought that too when I’ve seen it before…

Chocolates??? What kind? Azzrian is in my neck of the woods and if there is good chocolate out there I don’t want to miss it!! :)

I had the Lover’s Leap from Capital Teas. I don’t think they called it a darjeeling – lots of them out there called Lover’s Leap seem to be Ceylons.

In fact, here’s what I just turned up on Lover’s Leap. The name is from the estate it is grown on, and yes, it was what it reminds you of.

“High above the town of Nuwara Eliya, Lover’s Leap is named after the tragic legend of two young lovers who leapt from the top of a picturesque waterfall on the estate.”

I found several companies offering it and they all classify it as ceylon. So maybe don’t feel bad if you don’t think it tastes like darjeeling. :)

Ah! Thanks for the info! So it wasn’t just my morbid mind. :D And yes, I seem to like ceylon better than darjeeling, so that explains that.

My humans got to try a sample awhile ago. Nobody leaped off a cliff. :-)