Edit tea info Last updated by brandy3392

• “thanks so much again for the teas, Dinosara! This one is good. I've tried a few English Tea Store teas so far, and they have all been nice! The dry leaves sure don't smell like chocolate though....” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1083 tasting notes
  • “I am on a chocolate kick lately. This tea i received in a swap. It is a nice black tea with a decadent milk chocolate scent. The taste is delicious! There is a little artificial tinge to it but...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes
  • “Another generous sample from Dinosara, which couldn't have come at a better time. Crappy day, tasty tea. Tea makes everything better. I couldn't tell you too much about the actual tea used here....” Read full tasting note
    beckymew 69 tasting notes
  • “After liking the chocolate mint tea from ETS I thought I would like the chocolate tea even more. I don't. It's not as chocolatey as the chocolate mint and it has that strange taste that I observed...” Read full tasting note
    Lazey 94 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

An exquisite tea that’s even more decadent when paired with a little milk and sugar, our Chocolate flavored black tea is created from a quality Ceylon tea and flavored naturally. Chocolate houses became as prominent as coffee shops in the 1700’s in Europe and the UK, and eventually it was used to flavor tea. With each sip, you’re sure to be impressed at how the rich chocolate flavor blends with the luxury black tea!

For the best brew, we recommend our Chocolate flavored black tea steep in water that has been brought to a rolling boil for 2-5 minutes.

About English Tea Store View company

thanks so much again for the teas, Dinosara! This one is good. I’ve tried a few English Tea Store teas so far, and they have all been nice! The dry leaves sure don’t smell like chocolate though. And there are flower petals in it, which seems odd for a chocolate tea. Luckily, the tea actually has a smooth sweet chocolate taste on a nice black tea base. I think Harney’s Valentine’s blend has a slight edge over this one (that Dinosara also sent me a bit of!) but I really like this one. It’s like a milky bar of chocolate!

I am on a chocolate kick lately. This tea i received in a swap. It is a nice black tea with a decadent milk chocolate scent. The taste is delicious! There is a little artificial tinge to it but it is mostly chocolate that i taste. I love this tea with milk and sugar. Delicious treat!

Another generous sample from Dinosara, which couldn’t have come at a better time. Crappy day, tasty tea. Tea makes everything better.

I couldn’t tell you too much about the actual tea used here. I’m not sure if it’s just subtle, or if the chocolate flavor cancels out my ability to smell! Reminds me a little of sassafras; when I added sugar it was basically identical to a chocolate-flavored Tootsie pop! (I like that flavor, personally, so it’ll definitely be a good one for when I need a candy fix.)

After liking the chocolate mint tea from ETS I thought I would like the chocolate tea even more. I don’t. It’s not as chocolatey as the chocolate mint and it has that strange taste that I observed in the ETS decaf Earl Grey, a chemically taste even though it claims to be natural. Or maybe I’m so used to artificial flavoring natural tastes unnatural to me.

You’ll want a little milk and sugar with this tea.

Unlike many chocolate teas, this actually tastes like chocolate. It does have a bit of an artificial flavor, but not enough to bother me. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.