Lapsang Souchong

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “Sipdown! Because we are cooking with tea tonight! Oh yeah!on the menu some braised chicken with smokey tea, maple, onions, garlic, sugar, tomatoes with a side of rice.... Hpefully this turns out ok :)” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5059 tasting notes
  • “TeaboxB! I've had worse smoky teas but I've had better. The scent is heavy the flavor is the mid level of smoky. The flavor isn't bad. Kind of like a BBQ. The black tea is mid-strength. Not...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1452 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: As some of you may be aware, I tend to be a bit nervous when it comes to smoky teas, but I'm coming around to the point where I can say that I like them now, so long as they're brewed...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes
  • “Went through so many little pouches of this that I bought a giant amount and now I'm afraid I'll never get through it. Oh well. Every once in a while I get the urge for Lasang and this fits the...” Read full tasting note
    Jennythenipper 12 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

Our Lapsang Souchong China Black Tea delivers a smoked and distinctive flavor, with the heady aroma of an oak fire.

This tea originates from Fujian province. The Fukienese word ‘souchong’ means sub-variety – that is a sub-variety of other black teas from the Wuyi Mountains of Fujian. When Lapsang Souchong was first exported to western European countries and became famous on the international markets, it was no doubt due to the distinct aroma and flavor.

About English Tea Store View company

Sipdown! Because we are cooking with tea tonight! Oh yeah!on the menu some braised chicken with smokey tea, maple, onions, garlic, sugar, tomatoes with a side of rice…. Hpefully this turns out ok :)

Terri HarpLady

I have a recipe I made awhile back for a whole chicken marinated in lapsang with asian spices & then baked. It was pretty tasty!

Lala

Sounds delicious!

sounds delicious too terri!

Yours sounds tasty too!

Indigobloom

mmmmm lapsang is my fave tea to cook with!

so verdict? REALLLLLYYYYY tasty dinner tonight :)

Yay!!
I still have to cook…Instead I’ve just placed 3 tea orders, LOL!
I guess I’d better get away from my computer & get my axx in the kitchen!

Indigobloom

Mmmmm. What did the man think of the tea infused food?

Oh he loved it. :) a hit overall

Kittenna

Yum. I have some chicken that I just threw in the freezer; maybe I’ll have to bring it back out and try something like this. Although, horror, I may actually not have enough straight lapsang to do something like this!

TeaboxB! I’ve had worse smoky teas but I’ve had better. The scent is heavy the flavor is the mid level of smoky. The flavor isn’t bad. Kind of like a BBQ. The black tea is mid-strength. Not too much to say! A good one to try if you’re looking to try lapsang for the first time, but I really like Zen tea life’s blend.

Backlog:

As some of you may be aware, I tend to be a bit nervous when it comes to smoky teas, but I’m coming around to the point where I can say that I like them now, so long as they’re brewed properly.

This has a strong smoky note with caramel-y undertones. Sweet yet rich and robust. An enjoyable Lapsang Souchong.

Went through so many little pouches of this that I bought a giant amount and now I’m afraid I’ll never get through it. Oh well. Every once in a while I get the urge for Lasang and this fits the bill nicely. A strong smoky scent and a very light tasting tea.

My humans are getting tricky. They added a spoonful of Lapsang Souchong to Assam. Smoky. Malty. Yummy!