Angel's Dream loose leaf

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 6 oz / 177 ml

From English Tea Store

We have sought the heavens to try to find the flavor befitting all the virtues of this tea’s namesake. The natural flavours of Maple and Wild Blackberry enhance the excellent teas we have selected from the tea world’s finest regions -Sri Lanka, Formosa and Assam (India). This is a full flavor black tea.

About English Tea Store View company

Thanks to Azzrian I was able to try this one!!!

I’ve had Metropolitan Tea’s Angel Dreams before and really liked it. I think the reason I enjoyed it was the Maple paired with the (Black)Berry. I see by this description this is similar. It DOES taste different, tho! I can taste more Berry…and it looks like it’s WILDBerry and not necessarily BLACKBerry-specific. I’m ok with this. The berry flavor is yummy. I’m not tasting as much Maple – hardly any – in this one…but I’m appreciating the differences in this tea. The Berry is moreso the focus. It also seems to lack the cream and smoothness that I remember from the other brand. Again, that’s ok…I treasure the difference. I don’t want to compare – because they DO taste quite different – but can’t help it because of the word-association with the name, I suppose.

This black tea base is stronger, too! After some extended thought…The Black Tea Base and the Wild Berries really make this tea it’s own! It’s a great morning tea that happens to be flavored…but it could make a nice kick-in-the-pants tea if you need to get up and moving in the middle of the afternoon, too! ALSO…as this cools, naturally, at room temp, I’m finding it would make a darn-skippy iced tea, too!

Thumbs UP on the cup and a smile on my face!

SimplyJenW

whispers:

SimplyJenW

Stupid formatting!(English Tea Store more than likely sources some of their teas from Metro….there are too many similar teas for it to be a coincidence.)

TeaEqualsBliss

I wondered that, actually, but I did notice these differences…perhaps it was a different supply or year or the revamped the recipe or the ingredient ratio was a tad different :)

TeaEqualsBliss

OH!!!! Now that I think of it…the Metro one I had was bagged…this is loose leaf…that could contribute to the overall flavor difference that I remember, too!

ScottTeaMan

Bagged and loose teas, say Chamomile, from same sources do taste different. Many years ago, Stash Tea was one of my few sources for tea. I really enjoyed their bagged Chamomile tea. A year or so later I tried the loose version, and for some reason didn’t like it as well-it was very similar, but different. Could have been due to a new crop. I was rather new to loose tea, so my amount per water ratio was different.

I think the way the chamomile was ground in the teabag made a difference that I liked better back then. Today, my opinion might be different though. :))

TeaEqualsBliss

For sure!!! I have looked at several of my own tasting notes from 2 or 3 years ago and wondered why I rated a specific tea so high (or low – in some cases!)

ScottTeaMan

And I never raise or lower a tea based on another tea—only on that specific tea. Even if I rate say a FF Jungpana Darjeeling a 97, but then I like a Risheehat FF more. I’ll rate the Risheehat the same or higher. I have yet to [and I don’t think I will] lower atea rating based on another tea. That is because my ratings reflect atea nad how I felt about it at the time-like how a photo captures a memory in time.

^^^a tea And how…….

TeaEqualsBliss

Oh no…I don’t raise or lower based on other teas only based on that specific tea and to my personal liking for it. I believe everyone’s tastes change over time :) It might be that I like it more (or less) than I did years ago!

Azzrian

Glad this was a hit for you! :)

Still working my way through the Azzrian Tea Box! Thanks again, Azz!
This is a nice potent black tea! I’m not really getting the maple flavor much, but the Berry flavor is definitely there! I think the rest of this sample will become another cold brew.
Speaking of blackberries, as I was walking in my garden the other day, I realized I need to do a LOT of pruning that should have been done in the fall. Last year’s blackberry boughs are still there! I made a plan: I’ll prune them out & use them to form the sides of a raised bed! They are definitely long enough & sturdy enough, so I can anchor them together, line the inside with burlap coffee bags, & they will add nicely to the ambience of my strange but wonderful gardening methods!

Paper-writing tea for the morning.

2/16/14 Morning pot. 3g/6oz/212F/5min 5 minutes was a little too long for this tea – too much astringent/bitter is overpowering the berry. Still drinkable, just less then ideal. I forgive myself – it’s probably been over a year since I’ve brewed this tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

Just got my order in from the English Tea Store, so I’m excited to have so many new teas to review. This morning I tried Angel’s Dream, which is one I was very excited about.

In the package, it smelled strange, like there was this weird artificial odor to it. I think it might have been from the plastic bag it was in, because when I stirred it around, the smell dissipated. When I brewed it, it smelled fine. No obvious scents other than a slight fruitiness.

After I tasted Angel’s Dream, I had to look it up online to see what flavors I was supposed to be getting. Maple? Really? Blackberry I can see, kind of, but to be honest this seems more like a nice, smooth, slightly fruity black tea. It’s closer to an English Breakfast than to a flavored tea to me. I definitely am enjoying it but I wouldn’t seek it out again because I have plenty of fancy plain black teas.

Backlogging. I believe I got this from Azzrian in part of a holiday gift thank you very much. I taste berry with black tea and abit of sweetness that could be the maple or the sugar I put in. This tea is pretty good the berry a tad tart me but not overwelming,and the black tea tastes pretty good and strong to. I wish i could of tasted more maple though. Thank you very much.

Backlog:

A black and green blend … I wish I realized that before I brewed it! I really gotta start making a habit of reading a description of a tea before I brew it so that I formulate a brewing plan. I don’t like to read the descriptions ahead of time though because I prefer to base my opinion of a tea on my own palate, not what I’m told to taste by the company that sells the tea.

Even brewing this green and black blend with boiling water … it turned out pretty good. Sweet and maple-y, nice blackberry notes, and the Assam is malty and rich. The green tea is a little difficult to place and I suspect it might be easier to taste it if the tea was brewed at a lower temperature.

There is some bitterness to the cup which may be because of the Assam or it could be because the green tea scalded a bit.

The maple is prominent though and I do enjoy that.

K S

I try not to read descriptions or reviews either but do like it when suggested steeping parameters are clearly listed.

LiberTEAS

I rarely follow suggested steeping parameters. I think maybe it would just be good to know right up front what types of teas are in a blend for me … although this particular note was for a tea that someone sent to me.