Blueberry - Flavored Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Yum blueberries. No blueberries in Ecuador. : ( Thankfully I can get blueberry tea to make up for it! This tea is very pretty to look at. Gunpowder tea has always seemed visually appealing to...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

his delicious green tea has a wonderfully sweet character with a pleasing astringency. Made from a green Pekoe Gunpowder this wonderful tea is flavored naturally. Blueberries rank the highest when compared to 40 other fruits for antioxidant activity, and their sweet character made them a wonderful additive to a delicate green tea! Terrific when served hot or iced.

For the best brew, our Blueberry green tea should steep in water that is steaming for 1-4 minutes.

About English Tea Store View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is very pretty to look at. Gunpowder tea has always seemed visually appealing to me. It is both interesting and beautiful. The cornflowers are also beautiful. but very scarce. The smell is very much blueberry. Sadly not fresh blueberry, but more a blueberry jam type smell. While not as great as fresh blueberries, blueberry jam is still great.

It is freezing today, so I couldn’t wait to have my hot cup of tea. The brewed tea smelled a bit more like fresh blueberries, I believe that the green tea base helped with this illusion. The plantiness that it adds to the scent really helps it. Unfortunately, I also caught a scent of anise. I have no idea where it came from, but it was undoubtedly there.

Unsweetened it was pretty good. Green tea up front with a fresh blueberry aftertaste. Unfortunately there was still something that lingered in the background reminding me of Anise. When I sweetened it the blueberry became stronger and more enjoyable. The green tea was overtaken, but it wasn’t gone. I enjoyed the subtle vegetable green that it added to the flavor.

It held up decently to a second steep (2min) which was still tasty, just watered down.

Sadly, it doesn’t get a higher score because I got random anise flavor in the brew. I have no idea how or what was making me think this had anise in it, but it didn’t make me happy. It was tame enough that I could enjoy the cup of tea with no major distractions from the phantom flavor.

On a completely unrelated note, my puppy won 2nd place in the bulldog puppy category over the weekend! : ) I was so proud of her!

Tina S.

Note to self, do not move to Ecuador, as you will never survive without your blueberry fixes!

I’m sad your blueberry tea wasn’t as awesome as you’d hoped!

Ninavampi

I wish I had come to that conclusion… There are still plenty of yummy fruits to eat!

rmark25

I really enjoy Blueberry Black tea from enjoyingtea.com

rmark25

..and No blueberries in Ecuador? All of our blueberries in the Winter come from Peru or Chile..I’m amazed you can’t get them…but you have Guayusa!

ScottTeaMan

Congrats to you and Sencha. :))

Ninavampi

Thanks! : )

SimpliciTEA

Yes, congratulations! He (or she) looks like a cutie! I am a huge dog lover, myself.