Versailles Lavender Earl Grey

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “I love lavender. Half of the houses on my block have a big bush growing in the front yard, so everything smells of it in summer. It's a smell I associate both with childhood and with...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! This is going into my swap out box. I was fairly sure that i wouldn't enjoy this as it's both earl grey AND lavender but i'm open to trying new things :) It has a really nice start to...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes
  • “1 tablespoon for 375 ml Maple syrup or marshmallow-like sweetness. Lavender is stronger than the bergamot but I enjoy the balance of the two. No excessive astringency. Thanks to *Sil* for...” Read full tasting note
    Rarity 450 tasting notes
  • “This tea is wonderful. The lavender is very strong in this one. It complements the citrus tones from the earl grey very well. I like to drink this tea in the morning as a relaxing wake-up!” Read full tasting note
    PositiviTEA 18 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

One of our favorites, Versailles Lavender Earl Grey is created from a luxury black tea and natural dried lavender. Blended with King Louis XIV who reigned from and began reconstruction on the Versailles chateau, the king had a fondness for French lavender. This tea combines traditional French lavender with England’s famous Earl Grey, and delivers a blend that has a delicate floral bouquet that compliments the citrus character of bergamot.

About English Tea Store View company

I love lavender. Half of the houses on my block have a big bush growing in the front yard, so everything smells of it in summer. It’s a smell I associate both with childhood and with sophistication, since it’s French and thus fancy (or at least my kid brain thought so!). Of course I love lavender tea, especially when combined with earl grey whose citrusty notes seem to balance out lavender’s floral nature well.

This blend is pretty heavy on the lavender, which personally I love. It’s very floral and rich, but you can still taste the bergamot and tea base. My favorite of the lavender greys I have tried by far!

Lynne-tea

Your block sounds lovely!

Alphakitty

It is very pretty! Almost everyone has a garden, so walking down the block in spring/summer is like walking through a really nice-smelling perfume aisle. Rose, lilac, lily, lavender, it’s wonderful.

Lynne-tea

Oooh! I’m a flower freak so I would be in heaven I am sure! Though I can’t complain – we have gorgeous flowers here too =)

Sipdown!

This is going into my swap out box. I was fairly sure that i wouldn’t enjoy this as it’s both earl grey AND lavender but i’m open to trying new things :) It has a really nice start to the tea..but then the lavender comes out of nowhere and ruins it. I am REALLY not a fan of lavender.

However, if you are a fan of lavender or early grey…you might really enjoy this tea.

1 tablespoon for 375 ml

Thanks to Sil for sharing with me!

yay glad it went to a good home :)

My second cup of Earl Grey from ETS today. Had it with a little sugar, maybe a little more sugar than I usually have with my tea.

The bergamot was not as strong as the lavender taste, I love lavender but it almost seemed like too much lavender (I guess there is such a thing) and there seemed to be something else other than tea, bergamot and lavender in this tea, I can’t put my finger on it.

Next time I have this tea I think I will mix it with either regular or double bergamot Earl Grey to balance out the lavender that dominates this tea.