Godiva Roche

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “~So. Fiance and I went up north(ish) to have a weekend of kayaking, swimming, mini golfing, bonfires and general amusement. The plan was originally to head home tomorrow afternoon sometime, but we...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #16 from the traveling tea box.* I made this first thing this morning and somehow forgot all about it. When I finally rediscovered it I tossed it in the fridge to enjoy cold later in the...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1833 tasting notes
  • “*Traveling Tea Box C #22* Having this as a sleepytime tea tonight. I don't get much cocao, I do taste the vanilla. I have to say I need to start looking at this tea site! They have made me a...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

Named after Lady Godiva, the 11th century Anglo-Saxon noblewoman who rode naked through Coventry England in protest for the taxes that her husband had imposed on the town’s peasants, this rooibos blend is absolutely intriguing! Legend has it that Godiva’s husband agreed to reprieve the tax if she agreed to ride naked through the town. For the love of art, Godiva agreed – as the peasants could not afford public art projects if they must pay the new tax. Made from a South African rooibos, this tea also includes chopped vanilla pieces, cacao bean and peel, and natural flavoring oils. Just like Lady Godiva, this tea is best drank au naturel!

About English Tea Store View company

So. Fiance and I went up north(ish) to have a weekend of kayaking, swimming, mini golfing, bonfires and general amusement. The plan was originally to head home tomorrow afternoon sometime, but we left tonight to avoid the traffic. We still got in everything but the swimming, so it’s all good. Definitely heading back up over labor day to spend some time with my sister and her boyfriend.

Tea #3 from Traveling Tea Box C

There’s quite a bit of stuff in this box with little or no caffeine, and while my caffeine addiction might not be thrilled with this, the part of me that likes going to bed at a reasonable hour is ecstatic.

The dry smell of this tea is sweet and desserty and has a nice subtle vanillaness to it. Brewing though, I can definitely pick up the rooibos. That being said, this tea has a nice vanilla sweetness that comes through in the forefront, and a natural cocoa note lingers at the tail of the sip. It also goes down really nice and smooth. This isn’t enough to mask the rooibos though, as the other 90% of the flavor is rooibos.

Honestly, rooibos and I are still at odds. It’s starting to taste less like cedar chips now, but I’m still not in love with the flavor so this is definitely not really a tea for me.

Tea #16 from the traveling tea box.

I made this first thing this morning and somehow forgot all about it. When I finally rediscovered it I tossed it in the fridge to enjoy cold later in the day. This makes a pretty nice iced tea if you like rooibos. The vanilla gives it just a hint of sweetness that really appealed to me.

With a five minute steep time I can taste more vanilla bean than cacao and the rooibos comes through very strong. Since I’m not a huge fan of rooibos this tea isn’t for me.

Traveling Tea Box C #22
Having this as a sleepytime tea tonight. I don’t get much cocao, I do taste the vanilla. I have to say I need to start looking at this tea site! They have made me a believer in rooibos. Crazy I know! Well goodnight steepsters.