Oolong Mystere

Flowering Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

1 Tasting Note View all

• “My mom surprised me with a pretty little glass teapot, and a few flowering teas. This is the first one! I chose it because I felt like an oolong over a green, and the idea of a surprise flower...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

This beautiful flowering tea contains blooms of amaranth and nasturtium waiting to be discovered by a tea lover. The cup is intricate and colorful, with hints of peach and rose flavor. The finish delivers a pleasing astringency that lingers in the mouth like a fine wine.

This tea was named for a pair of 2000 year old mysterious mummies found along the ancient Silk Road. The mummies were dated back to the Han dynasty, and were dressed in brightly colored silk fabric. The mystery lies in the fact that the mummies were western Caucasians – Caucasians weren’t thought to have reached China until after the Han dynasty. Written history offers no explanation for the mummies existence.

To brew, place one flowering tea ball in a teapot, and add boiling water. Infuse until the ball is fully open (about 5 minutes). Be sure to use a strainer when pouring into your cup!

About English Tea Store View company

1 Tasting Note

I chose it because I felt like an oolong over a green, and the idea of a surprise flower inside intrigued me too. Though I suppose they all have flowers eh?

It tastes like a nice mellow oolong, with grassy notes and a flowery finish. I left the tea in the whole time and drank the pot myself so by the end of it the flowery notes dominated the blend. It’s an interesting experience and I like watching the tea brew in the pot. Pretty neat.

(if you’re a tea nerrrrrrd!)

I was going to post a picture of it but then I realized I no longer have a camera app on my phone! Whoops! I upgraded it to Cyanogenmod 10 yesterday (because my Galaxy 1 hasn’t been supported for a long time now) and I guess I missed a step. I think I figured it out. Will tinker while I sip away…

Shmiracles

what a nice gift. it’s definitely the kind of thing i wouldn’t buy for myself cuz i have a fondness for black teas, but if someone gave it to me i’d relish the opportunity to excitedly taste and experience flowering teas for the first time. perfect gift for a TEA NERRRRD! high five

Ozli

Aww, wow, that’s so nifty!!