Sencha Kyoto Cherry Rose Festival

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Megan

From English Tea Store

A stunning tea, Sencha Kyoto Cherry Rose Festival Green Tea is flavored with sweet cherry and subtle morning rose. A very popular tea, Sencha Kyoto Cherry Rose Festival is delicious with a little sugar, and is also wonderful iced.

About English Tea Store View company

Thanks Azzrian for the sample of this tea!! it’s rather perfumey and fruity all at once. I knew right away that I would either looooove it, or meh it.
I’m kinda glad that it was a “meh”! as I don’t need another tea necessity in my cupboard :)
Still I’m so glad to have tried it. Another one off my wish list!
As for the tea itself… this was far too floral for me, and not enough cherry (more general fruity/medicinal)
I can see how this might appeal to some EG lovers out there though, maybe enough to loooooooove ;)
The base was a little too clouded for me to determine much about it
Ok yah I’m a little overtired right now. Sorry about the random review!
Rating: 72

Tea #5 for Traveling Tea Box C

I’m always hesitant about green teas. On one hand, I have some I absolutely love, but on the other, most I’ve tried have not been very tasty to me. However, this one had such an interesting name that I even give it the chance to open the bag and take a quick sniff. And it smelled amazing! I was scared that if I brewed it hot, the green would make everything taste terrible, or the cherry would make everything tart or cough syrup flavor, or the rose would be way too floral. You can see how finicky I am with greens!

So instead, I cold brewed this one over night. There wasn’t much left of this one, and I used up what was left. I tried to make the water about the right amount, but it still ended up a bit weak. I could still taste it though! My first thought with this was “Wow! This tastes like bubblegum!” But as I sipped more, I could pick apart the flavors. There’s the green tea base, here’s the rose adding some floral notes, there’s the cherry, not cough syrup flavored. This is one that I would have loved more of.

Iced 8 min or more
Fjellrev

I’m so weird with green teas too. Either they’re too vegetal or the flavouring doesn’t go well with a green base or I’ll randomly like something that seems to work haha.

Emilie

It seems like we have a lot of tea tastes in common!

Another tea reviewed in the Green Tea Extravaganza my humans did: http://is.gd/bsrLT

Cherry flavor was way too overpowering.

Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t like the cherry flavoring in this tea. It was pretty overpowering and didn’t really let the sencha come through.

i love green tea, and i love cherries, so before i even tried this i knew it would become a favourite. and i was right! great tea with just the right amount of cherry for sweetness and rose petals for a hint of flowery taste!

This makes a beautiful, light iced tea. The rose is quite subtle, it’s mostly a cherry tea.