Granny Green Apple

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “I nabbed a sample of this to cold brew from the Traveling Tea Box (A) before I sent it off today. I have very little interest these days in flavored green teas made hot (with a few exceptions), but...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2031 tasting notes
  • “This was alright warm, but I let it cool off thinking because it smelled so much like a nice, tart granny smith apple, it'd be great iced. Instead it's so gross, bitter, and the feeling it leaves...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Leif & I are cleaning house today. The kitchen is done, as is my studio. Now we're taking a break, & sampling a bunch of teas from the TTB-A, so that I can send it off. We have 6 gaiwans lined up,...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3071 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

Our Granny Green Apple Loose Leaf Green Tea is deliciously refreshing, just like the real thing! This all natural fruity flavor is perfect for any time of day.

About English Tea Store View company

2031 tasting notes

I nabbed a sample of this to cold brew from the Traveling Tea Box (A) before I sent it off today. I have very little interest these days in flavored green teas made hot (with a few exceptions), but I do enjoy them cold.

The cold brew was pretty decent, although at first it was a little perfumy. It just occurred to me now that it was kind of a dead ringer for this DKNY Delicious green apple perfume that I have. Probably good I didn’t think of that then. Anyway, after a few sips the perfuminess faded a bit and I was left with a decent green apple tea, though it was somewhere between green apple candy and actual granny smith apples. But I love green apple candy, so it worked for me.

This was alright warm, but I let it cool off thinking because it smelled so much like a nice, tart granny smith apple, it’d be great iced. Instead it’s so gross, bitter, and the feeling it leaves on my tongue is terrible. Completely undrinkable.

I guess I’ll try coldbrewing it and hope it turns out better. Perhaps also give it a shot with the 160 setting on my kettle.

Leif & I are cleaning house today. The kitchen is done, as is my studio. Now we’re taking a break, & sampling a bunch of teas from the TTB-A, so that I can send it off. We have 6 gaiwans lined up, using 1/2 tsp or so per Gaiwan This is our first sample.
This one is fairly astringent & has a hint of apple, which would probably be more prominent if we added sweetener, but both of our 2 oz cups are already empty.