Earl Grey Cream Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by kim-

• “Of all the "cream" flavors I have had - both Earl Grey and not, from cream peach to strawberry to this ... this is the best cream flavor ever to date. The bergamot is not over powering whatsoever...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “This was totally awesome cold-steeped. It was sweet and creamy and citrusy... really very delicious. I really love an Earl Grey Cream iced... there's something about that combo that is great when...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1911 tasting notes
  • “This is ETS's "Loose Organic" Earl Grey Cream (not the "Metro" Blend). The picture above matches, but not the description. I think there's some confusion with ETS's 2 versions. Description: ...” Read full tasting note
    Zweven 136 tasting notes
  • “Tried this tea again, I like it a little better than I did last time. I don't know why, I prepared it the same way, brewed almost 5 minutes. Maybe because I added less cream? Not sure. This is...” Read full tasting note
    Lazey 94 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

“Great taste and aroma, with oil of bergamot. This Earl Grey has a more creamy taste. Perfect as an afternoon tea. An excellent source of antioxidants.”

About English Tea Store View company

Of all the “cream” flavors I have had – both Earl Grey and not, from cream peach to strawberry to this … this is the best cream flavor ever to date.
The bergamot is not over powering whatsoever but I guess if you like a punch in the face of bergamot this would not be the tea for you. This is a very well balanced tea with a nice smooth non astringent black tea base, perfect amount of bergamot oil and a delectable cream that you taste on each and every sip without having to look for it.
Extremely fair pricing on this tea as well, fast shipping, great customer service.
One of my top favs in both teas and vendor source!
EDIT NOTE: Fairly decent on the resteep as well! Not as good but better than a lot of black tea resteeps!

K S

On the bergometer where do you rate this one – is it in the Harney and Sons EG Supreme (light) range or more towards the Twinings (medium) range?

Dylan Oxford

Should start a line of extreme tea, the feature product being Face Punchin’ Earl Grey.

LOL Dylan :)
K S I have not had Harney and Sons EG supreme but I would say it is far lighter than Twinings.

Kittenna

Face Punchin’ Earl Grey sounds like a great idea for ManTeas, haha.

Azzrian

Yeah maybe could be part of “the hangover” line

Dinosara

I think the face punchin earl grey title probably belongs to Todd & Holland’s triple bergamot… Even their double is super strong, so I can’t even imagine how powerfull the triple is.

Azzrian

LOL wow TRIPLE bergamot?? Damn. I have some Bergamot essential oil of the highest quality – I could make some that would knock your socks off!

1911 tasting notes

This was totally awesome cold-steeped. It was sweet and creamy and citrusy… really very delicious. I really love an Earl Grey Cream iced… there’s something about that combo that is great when combined with cold black tea. The flavors in this one were so bold and strong, and yet not artificial tasting. This seems to be a pretty solid EGC tea.

Iced 8 min or more

This is ETS’s “Loose Organic” Earl Grey Cream (not the “Metro” Blend). The picture above matches, but not the description. I think there’s some confusion with ETS’s 2 versions.

Description: “Flavored with oil of Bergamot, like all Earl Grey teas, Cream Earl Grey was created through a series of experimental blends with flavors like cinnamon and vanilla.
For added depth and dimension, our blenders mixed fresh cream with this classic Earl Grey.”

Adding only a T. of honey to test, this blend is smoother than the Metro blend (imo). No bitterness detected. The bergamot level is about the same (as the other blend). I prefer more bergamot (for creamsicle effect). Has a slight creamy feel. Not noticing cinnamon or vanilla, but there is a slight sour cream aftertaste. As with other Earl Grey’s, my next step is to add some cream to bump up the yumminess, but could more easily drink this without.

Tried this tea again, I like it a little better than I did last time. I don’t know why, I prepared it the same way, brewed almost 5 minutes. Maybe because I added less cream?

Not sure. This is still the bagged ETS Earl Grey cream, but I wonder if I’d like it better in looseleaf form and possible from a different company.

A perfect Earl Grey Cream for a fair price. Absolutely one of my favorite teas to drink anytime of the day.

I cannot say enough good things about this tea. The price is great, and so is the taste. I brew some of this almost daily to drink as iced tea. It is one of those unique teas that just tastes better iced than hot. (at least for me!) I recommend this one.

Boiling 8 min or more

Love it! I’ve always been a fan of Earl Grey and this one is delicious.

One of my favorite “all-around” teas. I drink this tea any time of day or night, sometimes with milk and sugar, sometimes plain.