Scottish Caramel Toffee Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Shelley_Lorraine

• “This is earthy, but... more like dirt. The caramel toffee flavor is delicate but pleasant. The aftertaste, on the other hand, is less than pleasant. I think this might be what people mean when...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 312 tasting notes
  • “I got this in a mystery swap with, err....Shelley_Lorraine I think? I'm not completely sure, but this wasn't really something I would've swapped for on my own and she's the only one I did a mystery...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 149 tasting notes
  • “*TTB Tea 9*: I saw that the other reviews were not so great for this one, but I still wanted to give it a try. One of the reviews mentioned a fishy taste, so I decided to go with a ten second rinse...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 225 tasting notes

From Enjoying Tea

The Scottish caramel pu-erh is a mix of Yunnan pu-erh tea and butterscotch pieces with natural caramel flavors. This is a dessert in a cup. It has earthiness of pu-erh fuses with caramel for a sweetly decadent finish.

About Enjoying Tea View company

This is earthy, but… more like dirt. The caramel toffee flavor is delicate but pleasant. The aftertaste, on the other hand, is less than pleasant. I think this might be what people mean when they complain of pu’erh tasting fishy. I was going to play around with multiple steepings. I couldn’t even finish the first one. Thankfully, I only picked up a little bit of this during BrewTEAlly Sweet’s stash sale. This is a sipdown.

english tea store does a nice one…

Kaylee

noted, thanks!

I got this in a mystery swap with, err….Shelley_Lorraine I think? I’m not completely sure, but this wasn’t really something I would’ve swapped for on my own and she’s the only one I did a mystery box swap with. Lol.
Tea #1 for the night since I’d like to try to get through some of this pile of tea that I have yet to try before considering buying new tea. Not that it’ll stop me from buying, or considering buying, more tea, but I can tell myself this in the hope I’d one day believe it. XD
The dry tea smells nicely of caramel, with an almost dusty quality. The wet leaves have an unpleasant musky/earthy smell to them. The brew itself was very dark, looked more like coffee than tea though thankfully didn’t smell like it. It did have a pleasant caramel smell, which was nice. The taste was also nicely caramel/toffee, though it was very light. There was a vaguely spicy taste on the back of the sip and it had a weird earthy mouthfeel/aftertaste to it. Maybe that’s the puerh, but it was very strange. Very mild astringency.
Strangely enough, this is the only tea I’ve had so far that adding sugar to it actually made it worse (to me at least). It became very musky and undrinkable. And before y’all get out the tar and feathers for putting sugar in a puerh, I try all my teas with sugar after I’ve tried the first half of the cup plain. So no violence please. Lol!
Overall, I wasn’t that impressed with this. It wasn’t something I’d have bought to begin with, but it was certainly something that I’m glad I tried.

Shelley_Lorraine

hey now, it’s your business if you wanna sugar your teas, but it’s gettin’ personal now with my misspelled name, lol. Sorry you didn’t like this one. I don’t like flavored puerhs at all (with a few semi-exceptions), but this one was popular with most of my family, so I thought odds may be in favor of mystery swap partners liking it too. But, you never know till you try eh? :)

Shadowfall

Oops. Sorry. XD; Fixed that.
And yeah. It wasn’t my thing, but then, I don’t think puerh is really anything I’m interested in drinking at the moment. Just not my taste. But I definitely enjoyed being able to try it.

TTB Tea 9: I saw that the other reviews were not so great for this one, but I still wanted to give it a try. One of the reviews mentioned a fishy taste, so I decided to go with a ten second rinse beforehand. On the first sip, I mostly got an earthy puerh flavor. The more I sipped, the more I could taste the other flavors come in. The puerh definitely dominates here, so if you’re not a fan of that flavor, definitely avoid this one!

Flavors: Earth